Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera de badging help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steverav1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera de badging help
    Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 11:49am
i am thinking about debadging my primera how is it done and would i have to spray the boot if i do it cheers steve
dagger View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
EVO - SI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 12:11pm
Hi

You can easily debadge the car (i have), use some strong fishing line, and rock the line between the badge and car, cutting away the glue, once off, the glue will still be there, either get some 'stickey stuff remover' or WD40 let soak in, the wipe off....

nice clean boot Thumbs Up
Andrew View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member
Zippy Outdoors Man!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 12:11pm
Hi!, The badges on the rear can just be taken off, they are stuck on using foam pads! the one on the bonnet however has lugs, so removing this will reveal holes which need work the boot can just be polished!!Wink

DILLIGAF Primera P11-72SRi..... (She`s half 144)
Formerly known as Peetee!! PDPA
Mad Ax View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Gaius Baltar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mad Ax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 12:13pm
Debadging isn't too difficult on the back of the car.  The badges are held on by adhesive foam which tears off fairly easily.  Don't use anything hard like a screwdriver to lever it off or you'll scratch the paintwork - just use your fingernails or something plastic to lever and twist until the badge comes off.

Underneath will be all the foam and adhesive.  I used an old credit card to scrage all the excess foam off, which left me with a lot of nasty adhesive to get rid off.

The best thing for this is a combination of tar remover, WD40, a credit card and a bug-remover sponge.  Other fluids like surgical spirit might help dissolve the adhesive.  Sometimes you need to let it soak for a while before scraping away.

Depending on the condition of your paintwork, you might find some marks on the underlying paint.  If your paint has faded (common on some non-metalic colours) then the debadging will be really obvious.  You might need to spend a lot of time with T-cut or similar to get the original colour back.

Mine is dark green metalic and there was no fading, however there were some witness marks where the original badges had been in the form of tiny white lines around the adhesive.  I expect the adhesive actually pulled off a bit of lacquer when it came off.  Since I was rebadging with vinyl graphics I wasn't concerned.

The bonnet badge (if you have a P11) is a different matter - there are two locating holes that go right through the metal.  If you debadge, you will have to have these holes filled.  I don't know what the P10, 144 or P12 is like for this.

Best of luck and post us some pics
Project Primevil - rusting in pieces :(

Project Torturer Class ROU "Kiss My Gravitas" - in progress.

"creepy but funny like" - Katie
RS Tom-Hundred View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member
Condiment King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RS Tom-Hundred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Mad Ax Mad Ax wrote:

The bonnet badge (if you have a P11) is a different matter - there are two locating holes that go right through the metal.  If you debadge, you will have to have these holes filled.  I don't know what the P10, 144 or P12 is like for this.
P10 is the same mate, only the two holes are in the grill and not the bonnet obviously Wink

ahmed bossman View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahmed bossman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 9:00am

hi all, its me again!!

i know this has already been answered, but heres some free self promo! (delete if not allowed)

in the past what ive used to remove old sticker / double sided tape foam and glue residue is cellulose thinners.

STICKER GLUE REMOVAL - HOW TO REMOVE OLD STICKER RESIDUE IN SECONDS! NO MESS + BETTER THAN NEW! 

https://youtu.be/6QEbvHE0fHg

what you will need;

-- microfibre towel / small rag / cloth / even an old sock will do the job!

-- cellulose thinners

simply apply some cellulose thinners to your micro fibre cloth and start rubbing on the residue you are looking to remove. within seconds you will notice the residue breaking down and coming clean. ideally will need to give the surface a quick wash / polish after this if doing on a car otherwise you could potentially risk damaging your paintwork if theres any residue from the thinners left on the surface.

for my application its been perfectly safe and have been removing stickers / badges / emblems / and vinyl wrap residue from cars for years and never had any issues if you do not want to use cellulose thinners, you can use Tar & Glue (T&G) remover which is a designed for product which does the same job and does not have any damage to the paint. its slightly more expensive. ive used both products and never had issues with either.

theres literally no mess, and cleans up in seconds no matter how new / old the glue is. there no struggle or a fight on your hands trying to work it, as the thinners just do all the work for you!. above is a link of a very short video i made showing the thinners removing some stubborn duct tape residue, as always your support would be appreciated.

thanks again
ahmed
'98 DR2 Green Primera P11 GT - Track car
'98 AJ4 Flame Red Primera P11 GT
2014 Blue Vw Move Up! - Track Car
2009 Milano Red Honda Accord ES GT

Insta : @ahmed.bossman

Youtube : shorturl.at/glzWY
Grim View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

r1pp3R

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 12:43pm
Sorry I scraped all those primeras ☹️
schwen View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 4:28pm
I miss the old days

Question

Answer 1. 12:11
Answer 2. 12:11
Answer 3. 12:13

This means 3 forum members were writing their answers at the same time!!!!
P10 Army - G20.net MOTM April ´09 - NPOC.co.uk COTM April ´11
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by schwen schwen wrote:

I miss the old days

Question

Answer 1. 12:11
Answer 2. 12:11
Answer 3. 12:13

This means 3 forum members were writing their answers at the same time!!!!

LOL them were the days.....these days it's more like 

Question

Answer 1. Monday
Answer 2. Friday
Answer 3. 2 Weeks later Monday...

FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
schwen View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 3:55pm
Yes in the Spanish forums was more or less the same, there was a battle for who was the first member answering.

At least npoc is still alive.
P10 Army - G20.net MOTM April ´09 - NPOC.co.uk COTM April ´11
 Post Reply Post Reply