Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Security" on screen. Help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Security" on screen. Help!
    Posted: 27 Feb 2010 at 3:32pm

"Security" on screen on my Nissan Primera 2.2 diesel 2005.

Recently had the fuse box replaced (and everything reprogrammed, keys included at local Nissan dealer), which cured strange heater, immobiliser problems I was having. One week later I am getting "Security" on my screen and nothing on the console works (heater, radio etc.). However, I am NOT immobilised. It is like a "false" reading. Has anyone got any clues as to what is going on? Is it a short somewhere? Any help much appreciated.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2010 at 7:31pm
Is the warning in red or green?
pgraham View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2010 at 6:14pm
I can not remember (and I can't check it out until tomorrow as I've had to abandon the car at my place of work) but I do know the word "Secure" is in a colour that stands out against a yellow box. Sorry I can't help any more than this. Will check it out tomorrow and post the result.
pgraham View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2010 at 6:32pm
Forgot to update you on the fact that the car is NOW immobilised! I thought it wasn't (several cycles of  stop/starts/key out/locking/unlocking of car had made me think it was not immobilised and it was at this point that I posted my help message) but after leaving the car for a few hours I returned to it to find it was immobilised. I "broke" in to it using the key in the passenger door and there was a low continuous beeping sound when the door stayed opened. I tried to bypass the immobiiser using the standard technique of repeating a key turn to the ON position for 5 secs, then key turn to OFF position for 5 secs and then repeated, however no luck. I saw dash lights as usual but could not get anything else. I have disconnected the battery over the weekend otherwise it would be as flat as a pancake come Monday (I could see that the 'Secure" warning was remaining on, even with key out and door closed/locked). Any further thoughts?
pgraham View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 2:35pm
To bring you up to date - the "Secure" is in black writing against a yellow box background, which is itself set against a blue/black main background. I brought my second key into work today and discovered that it worked (ie. started the car). The other key is "dead". Bear in mind that one week ago both keys had been reprogrammed by the Nissan dealer. I have now had the car relayed to the dealer for them to play around with error codes etc. Could it just be a faulty key fob throwing everything out and I have compounded the error by disconnecting the battery?Confused
kenneth View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 6:39pm
na its all to do with the nats/immu. You key fob will have a dead battery and everytime you use this key it resets the nats/immu. there is a reset procedure for the go to this page and it works fine. keys.http://www.howtomendit.com/answers.php?id=138961
norbert eggcup View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norbert eggcup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 11:28pm
 Post Reply Post Reply