Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

sat nav

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigtreez43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sat nav
    Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 10:15am
Hi there, bought a nissan primera sx 2005 last week and used it yesterday in the dark for the first time and as soon as you put the lights on, the sat nav goes haywire !! the screen just flits between the satnav, the fuel consumption, the trip sets etc. it does eventually settle down on a long run but then when we slowed down and used the brakes, clutch etc. it happened again, it is perfectly fine and dandy during the day, any advice, thanks very much
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 11:51am
Hi and welcome to NPOC!

Sounds like an earth problem, although the 2005 model should have a fixed loom at the rear lights.
I'd check the earth wires from the battery to the chassis and engine.
Other than that, I don't know.

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 5:38pm
it could also be the loom on the steering wheel. Try hitting the radio button and select a station, don't hit any other buttons or settings, go for a drive a test with the lights on, if the radio changes station it is the loom on the steering wheel, if the same i suggest as earlier and check the rear earth see page 4 of our how to section
 Post Reply Post Reply