Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > NPOC Member Of The Month > 2016 Archive
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

June 2016 - NPOC @ Japday

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Staff
NPOC Staff

MOTM Staff

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NPOC_MOTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: June 2016 - NPOC @ Japday
    Posted: 30 May 2016 at 8:05pm
As we make our traditional change to MOTM and do a Club Feature instead - This June 2016 feature has many many winners!

New to the National Jap Car Meet calendar, Japday was born...

Japday 2016 at Castle Combe (held on May 14th), saw the NPOC out and about, to see what this new event would be all aboutRockon This feature is dedicated to each and everyone of you guys and gals, who showed out and represented the Club - THANK YOUClap

This feature will look back at the day we all enjoyed and focus mainly on what the NPOC got up to, as well as covering all the other activities on the day. There will be plenty of photos of all the members cars, other random cars and some track action piccies too!

Whilst this feature takes me a lot longer to knock up than a normal MOTM one, it's always a pleasure as it's you peeps that make it so much easier. I use your photos and your wordsClap

During the feature, you'll see I have used "actual quotes" from the members who were there. These will be "in this colour"Smile.. There's no better feedback on what we do as a club, as it comes from our own members who attended JapdayThumbs%20Up.

Janner wrote: "Linky no worky! :("

PhillKing wrote: "I really enjoyed it once 9am had hit, and we were finally allowed in properly LOL. 

Great trade stands, great circuit action from NPOC and both outside and drifters, great food which was affordable along with great company and good weather. 

What's not to enjoy? The sunburn maybe I guess?

Either way, I sure would do it again!"

It was an early start for NPOC as we all agreed to meet up before the event and roll in to Castle Combe in one big convoy!! The pre-meet was planned for 07:00 and we took up residence as normal, in the Little Chef car park... Here's a look at some sleepy faces but an awesome display of cars:

ady_c wrote: "Even though I had a terrible weekend with car breaking down (driver mistake), Japday for me is far better than Japfest at Silverstone!!"

Mad Maru wrote: "Really enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere of this meet and the lack of crazy queues in and out really helped make up my mind to return next year. Only issues trade stands were not the best but I'm sure will improve next year as the new organisers polish the process etc?"

Once we were all present and correct, it was time to fire up the cars and convoy to the circuitThumbs%20Up Thankfully, unlike other events previously held here.. We encountered no traffic issues whatsoever and rolled in with smiley faces! Then started lining up the club cars (and random motorcycle haha), ready to represent!

Once the cars were in place, most members and their guests head off for their customary early morning fry up (PIGGY ON A PLATE!!) - Very reasonable prices at the onsite cafe by the way!

There was plenty to see and do at Japday 2016 but I guess a lot of us go there for the non stop track action (an open track day for Joe Public) and off course some of the awesome drift demosRockon Here's a look at the pro drifty talent:

naughtynorm wrote: "Japfest with a different name? Always a decent show ground / track so gave what it always does, always a good show, if a tad more cramped for space over Silverstone and for a change it didn't rain at some point. Good to see the old guard members as well as the newer guys."

Stevie-Boy wrote: "I enjoyed this one and would go back next year. The circuit is great for watching the action and I thought they had everything else together well too. Plenty of decent trade stands, the food was good and there was plenty of outlets for that. I thought it was all signed really well so you had no doubt where to enter the venue. Yes the odd minor blip with security etc but against what it takes to organise something like this, they did a fab job."

Let's have a look at some of the members cars on our Club Stand - Guys and gals, your cars all looked fantasticBow%20Down We're all aware that nowadays we have a mix of Nissan Primeras and NON Nissan Primeras representing on our club stand at these type of events.. Regardless, all members are welcomed - "Members first / Cars second":

twelve wrote: "Loved it. Weather was great, cars looked stunning, track action was brilliant and as always the company was top notch.

I'm definitely up for this again next year. I'd actually prefer to kick the year of with this rather than Japfest, give them 2 fingers up for messing with what works. Other than a busy body member of staff that didn't have a clue I can't fault it."

ragt20 wrote: "Had a top day, was more chilled out start as stayed over Friday night, so no morning mad rush.. The meet itself was great, most of the things echoing what others have already said regarding the security numpty, sorry staff...

There was practically no traffic getting in, throughout the day, great to catch up with everyone, top stand position, excellent weather and the track itself is for me the best for viewing and the fact you can walk round the whole thing, without any bother, and enjoy it unlike at Rockingham etc..

So I would always be up for another here, would happily miss out Silverstone for this one, even though Silverstone is closer to me.

Oh to add, even the drifting demos were more fun because it was a different lot doing them, (not that the previous ones were bad), just something new and a bit different."

A BIG RESPECT shout goes out to some of our members as well!! 3 of them got on the track and represented!! Here's some action shots of the guys:

ady_c: Silver P11
p11-144: Mystic P11
FriedGold: MX5

FriedGold wrote: "Great day. Personally I though it was much better than the previous Japfests at Combe. The trade stands were way better with more local companies and variety. Event prices were actually decent (instead of marked up over the online price) as well. The organisation was mostly very good and the access was better as well. The main thing was just how much more engaged they seemed with the community. Selecting their favourite cars for a parade lap was a nice idea. 

I had a ball on the track with the MX5, and the weather was perfect."

Every inch of the ground around the circuit was ooooozing with hardcore Jap Metal. The quality of cars is simply outstanding. Every marque and model is catered and shown here, whether it be classic Jap, track slag or high powered monster, here's a few highlights from the show walkaround:

RocketMan wrote: "Had a good day considering it was the first Japday meet, I think it went well apart from the Security Staff as others have mentioned. I'll definitely be up for this next year... Roll on next year."

shurv wrote: "I had a cracking day, was good to see everyone as usual, really enjoyed it, location was spot on, not too far from the track and easy walk to the rest of the show. I wouldn't mind coming back again next year for Japday again."

michaelp9149 wrote: "Great day, always like Castle Combe, great for watching track action, better stand position this time, overall great day. WOULD DEFO ATTEND AGAIN!"

Here's some ending photos from the NPOC stand at Japday:

RS Tom-Hundred wrote: "Great weekend at Japday and thoroughly enjoyed it! I would certainly do this one again!

I have always loved Japfest at Castle Combe and have been to the last 11 years of them but although the last few have great, the shine has been taken off them by worse stand positions (down in the depths or tucked around the back), poorer trade stands, massive queues to get in, poor traffic management and huge crowds.  The popularity of the event causes the mass of people and cars so not blaming them too much for that but they could have handled it better.

My 12th year here was one of the best I'd say and under the Japday banner it just seemed better thought out for us Jap fans rather than a money making machine.  I personally thought the trade stands were better and there were definitely more than previous years at Japfest and not all just stickers.  The track action is always great to view here and our stand position was perfect I'd say. 

The security guard was a bit misguided but we found a way round that - bacon was at stake afterall!"

essNchill wrote: "A new event on the calendar and well received by all! The feedback speaks for itself really. With the praise for the show out of the way, some praise from me to all you who turned up and showed out on behalf of the Club - Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Miles travelled, early starts but the cars were awesome as ever and all of you took a blind punt on this new event and hopefully you were all rewarded with a top day out... Oh and not forgetting you've made it into the NPOC Hall Of Fame in this feature too!! Thanks again, here's to the next meet."

A special thanks to everyone who took photos and then took the time to get them up online.. Without you (and your photos), this feature wouldn't have been possible! Great photos as always, I hope you didn't mind me using them for this one.

Congratulations once again to ALL OF YOU!

June 2016 MOTM / Feature - NPOC @ Japday 2016

Written by essNchill
 Post Reply Post Reply