Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Finally got one

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saltyhair81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finally got one
    Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 10:26pm
Hi Guys,

Well I finally got a P11 GT! I will be joining up as a full member very soon.

The car I purchased was owned by my dad from brand new in 1998, he then sold it to his best friend and I purchased it off him 18 years later! So I’m the 3rd owner from new and the second in the same family! Always been driven by a mature owner (until now :-)) and always garaged from brand new. It has full Nissan service history, silver and in excellent condition. A few minor things to sort but it’s probably one of the cleanest about.

I did a ‘How many Left’ check and it shows only 7 on the road! Is that actually true?

My plans are to sort a few bits so she’s up to near mint and it will be going in the garage, only used for shows and very occasionally.

Anyway, look forward to coming to some meets in the future and I’ll post some pictures in the future.

Stevie-Boy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Legend Elite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie-Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 12:02am
Welcome!!

Your GT sounds awesome!! What shape is it, loon or hatch?

The how many left thing isn't correct as they have a typo in their listing IIRC, there are way more than 7 in this club for starters. Still rare though, can't remember the last time I saw a GT on the open roads!
2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Member of the Month: Jan 2014
ex P11 Si, P11 GT, P11-144 Sport+, P11 GT Turbo, P11-144 Wagon, Subaru Legacy B4 RSK, 350z, Type R
saltyhair81 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saltyhair81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 7:38am
It’s a Saloon. Got 82k on it, the guy was doing 2-3k a year but it was his daily so it’s not just sat there going bad.

Drives very very well.

My plans are as follows;

- New Ariel as the plastic has gone manky which has been ordered
- I need a new centre cap as the Nissan symbol has come off which has been ordered
- the air con needs attention, light comes on but doesn’t do anything, compressor isn’t engaging
- it has factory light guards, one of which has snapped when it caught his shorts!! Need to find a replacement
- Slightly rattle from exhaust when flooring it, it’s the original system so will look to sort that.
- complete detail of the whole car

Once that’s done, I’ll make a list of things to get it completely perfect. I have noticed a small amount of curbing on 3 wheels so probably a refurb all round. Maybe a new gear knob as the stitching is slightly worn. The side bolsters show some discolouration so will look to get that sorted. I am anal when it comes to cars, this will be staying standard though. Look forward to making a project thread 😬

Would be interesting to know how many are left, it’s got to be under 100 surely. I’ve never seen another in the last 5 years!

Stevie-Boy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Legend Elite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie-Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 2:16pm
That's even better, the saloons are far rarer and better looking!!

It's great to hear you'll be sorting the niggles and keeping it standard as it's great to see pristine examples around, exactly as they rolled out of the factory. 

Deffo do a project thread, will be good to see your progress with this one Thumbs Up
2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Member of the Month: Jan 2014
ex P11 Si, P11 GT, P11-144 Sport+, P11 GT Turbo, P11-144 Wagon, Subaru Legacy B4 RSK, 350z, Type R
bavs83 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bavs83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 9:15pm
Welcome to NPOC.
The aircon won't activate unless it has gas in. Take it to a decent garage and they'll test it for any air con leak and then regas. Should work then.
You can test if the fans work by unplugging the coolant sensor at back of engine block and start car. Both fans should kick in. If they do then all good, just needs a a regas. When you plug sensor back in the engine check light will come on but you can reset this with an eBay OBD Bluetooth device and torque app from Google app store. Or the car will self reset after a while.
Be good to see some pics.
It's not what you drive....It's how you drive!
Geordie View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member
Not in Estate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geordie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 9:15pm
Hi and welcome to NPOC
Car of the Month April 2010 (Black GT)
Car of the Month August 2012 (Red Wagon)
"You are a one man, used car industry, improvement system!!" - Tom (12/12/16)
Current: 1991 P10 2 litre GS
 Post Reply Post Reply