Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 - Sparks plugs during service?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 - Sparks plugs during service?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rajeshk4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 - Sparks plugs during service?
    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 2:20am
I contacted a couple of Nissan dealerships for quotes on a major service on my Nissan Primera P12 1.8 Petrol.

Both of them did n't include spark plugs as part of a major service. Is this normal?

One dealership quoted me £70 to change spark plugs (on top of the service cost).  The other told me they would have to contact their parts department to get the price!

I know on newer cars, the spark plugs can be very expensive, but they last a long time, having a quick look at Europarts. A Bosch or NGK spark plug is £5 to £7 each.

How often should the spark plugs be changed?

imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 7:36am
Depends on the type of Spark Plugs fitted.
The Service Manual says every 2 years for the 1.8 Petrol.

It is not really worth using Nissan.
The Labour rates and Parts prices will be higher than if you used a good Independent Garage.
Your decision though.
patstonuk View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patstonuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 8:31pm
I'm just about to pay the bill for a major (annual) service on my 2003 2.0 P12. Four new spark plugs for £19, with fitting charged as part of the service, so labour not itemised. That's with a very good independent locally. 
 Post Reply Post Reply