Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New boy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpy52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New boy
    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 8:24pm
Hi all.
Looking at a P11 144 SE+ CVT 6 tomorrow!
It will be my third Primera but my first non SRI and my first Primera auto .
I did help to look after a 93 Primera Super Touring car back in the early 2000s when I worked for a classic restoration and race prep guy .
If I ever work out how to post pictures I will pop one up .
Grim View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

r1pp3R

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 12:16pm
I’m a bit of an auto fan but the cvt I found was rubbish and I’ve had 3 . If it’s a good example of an estate then I’d swap it to manual 👍
Sorry I scraped all those primeras ☹️
Grumpy52 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpy52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 12:45pm
Hi Grim , unfortunately I find myself in need of an auto due to mobility problems ,
The car is low miles and full history with only a couple of very minor niggles declared .
I do very little miles these days and modern vehicles leave me cold with the styling and full of novelty and distracting tech that I don't use .
Off to view it in a hour !
Grumpy52 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpy52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 5:24pm
Unfortunately I had difficulty getting in and put of the car so it's not for me .
I'm a big old lump with duff knees and a very dodgy back .
schwen View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 9:04pm
Welcome to the npoc!

Pics of the car and please pics of the racing primera if you have them.
P10 Army - G20.net MOTM April ´09 - NPOC.co.uk COTM April ´11
Grumpy52 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpy52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 10:11pm

This is the one that we looked after for a while .
Built by Nissan Motorsport Europe and run by Team Rosberg in the Spanish
Super Touring Championship.
The engine was rotated 180 degrees so the inlet was at the front ,the main front grill was the opening for the inlet tract ,6speed sequential gearbox ,internal brake bias adjustment, roll bar adjustment ,3 ECU maps available on the dash (sprint race ,long race and wet race )
Twin 4 pot brake calipers on the front and single 4 pot calipers on the rear . The engine was much further back in the engine bay and much lower .
Driving it was an experience, very little happened below 5k rpm then it really came to life at 6.5k and we stuck to 8k max.
The brakes were like hitting a brick wall once they were up to temperature, like the grip of the tyres ,very little until they were warm then they stuck like a limpet

I understand it's now being used in the classic race meetings and has shot up in value ,approx £100k
Originally £250k from Nissan in 93 our sponsor bought it 10 years later for £12.5k with a spares package .
trbobrk View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trbobrk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 11:01pm
Someone has ruined the front of the p10! LOL

I'd love to buy one of those at some point.  
schwen View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 8:23am
A Spanish unit, 🤓

If I remember correctly, factory P10 ST were driven here by, Luis Pérez Sala, Eric van de Poele and some races by Ivan Capelli.

During the third season when the P10 ST were upgraded, one of the first units was sold to Eduard Vinyes who raced it but always far of the podium.

Looking at the pic I guess it is a later spec with the bigger roll cage.
P10 Army - G20.net MOTM April ´09 - NPOC.co.uk COTM April ´11
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 9:33pm
hi and welcome to NPOC...that is one sweet looking Tourer...lucky man to have been involved with that.
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
 Post Reply Post Reply