Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Greetings from the Midlands

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamGyseman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greetings from the Midlands
    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 11:15am
I've been a driver for 25 years (started out on motorcycles) and have always been advised to buy Japanese cars. I've had a Toyota Camry and a Honda Accord before and found them fairly reliable, no worse than any other car I've had.

I bought a 13-year-old Primera 1.8 SX (P12) in June from a senior chap who'd had it from new.  Nice, clean car but has had a few expensive faults. Not least was the driver door window mechanism failing. The window fell in and the replacement was £500. The window still fell in after that so it's being sorted again. I suspect the mechanic didn't attach the glass to the regulator. Numpty didn't replace the dashboard/indicator fuse after the first repair, so I was rather suspicious of their work.

Other than that, I very much like the car, it's quirky styling, it's nippy handling and it's good acceleration from junctions etc.  Looking forward to lots of help and advice from the OC.

Cheers
Sam
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 11:24am
Hey Sam and a big welcome to NPOC :)

I've just changed your topic title in the other section from:

"Buzzing from rear while car is moving"

to:

"Nissan Primera P12 Noise at rear when car's moving"

Normally we'd delete the topic because the title is incorrect but as a newbie (and I have a soft spot for fellow bikers too!), I've cut you some slack and sorted the problem :) Please always start your topic titles in the main section with "Nissan Primera P12...." and you'll be fine from there.

Many thanks and take care,
Shaun
SamGyseman View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamGyseman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 11:55am
Originally posted by essNchill essNchill wrote:

Hey Sam and a big welcome to NPOC :)

Cheers, I appreciate that. I'll observe forum rules!
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 4:48pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake

It's a pity you had not found us sooner, we could have told you how to fix that for just a few quidOuch
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 9:55pm
Hi Sam. Welcome to NPOC.  Handshake
Roy
 Post Reply Post Reply