Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 secure message and clock set?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 secure message and clock set?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 secure message and clock set?
    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 1:24pm
hi everyone 
i have a problem with my p12 nissan primera 2.2 sve 53 plate. The radio is putting up a 'secure' message on a green background. this happened after the battery went flat during lockdown (like proper flat!!) I have tried disconnecting the battery and leaving it to reset, pulling the audio fuse and putting back in, recoding the keys but nothing seems to work. I have also taken it to a nissan dealer but they couldnt help, said I should try an audio technician, but nobody seems to be able to help.

anyone have any ideas??
tina View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 1:28pm
also my clock is an hour behind, but I haven't got the option to adjust the time in settings, only whether its 12 or 24 hr or to show clock all the time

timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2021 at 10:09am
Hi and welcome to the forum TinaHandshake
He is an extract from the service manual, I am surprised the main dealer has not been able to resolve this for you, the next step is probably to replace the unit or send it to Clarion.

NATS AUDIO LINK
Description
The link with the NATS IMMU implies that the audio unit can basically only be operated if connected to the matching NATS IMMU to which the audio unit was initially fitted on the production line.
Since radio operation is impossible after the link with the NATS is disrupted theft of the audio unit is basically useless since special equipment is required to reset the audio unit.
Initialization process for audio units that are linked to the NATS IMMU
l Perform initialization with CONSULT-II
l For initialization, refer to “CONSULT-II operation manual NATS”.

Normal operation
Each time the audio unit is switched on afterwards, the audio unit code will be verified between the audio unit and the NATS before the audio unit becomes operational. During the code verification process, “WAIT” is shown on the Display unit. Again, the communication takes such a short time that the audio unit seems to switch on directly without showing “WAIT” on the Display unit.
When the radio is locked
When NATS link problems occur “SECURE” message will be displayed in three ways indicating three different
NATS link problems.
“Secure” on a red background indicates that there is a problem in the link between Navi control unit and Audio, suggesting that there is either a Navigation system fault or the Navi control unit has previously been fitted in another vehicle.
“Secure” on a green background indicates that there is a problem in the link between NATS IMMU and Audio, suggesting that there is an audio fault or the audio unit has previously been fitted in another vehicle.
“Secure” on a yellow background indicates that the transponder (NATS key) is not working correctly or it has previously been fitted in another vehicle.
When a “Secure” message (of any type) is displayed, it can be cleared by re-initializing the NATS system using CONSULT-II and the associated Immobilizer PIN code (there is no need to return the audio to a Clarion AUDIO AV service centre). If re-initializing fails to clear a “Secure” message then the component (identified by background color) is faulty and should be replaced. 
NOTE:
When the “Secure” is displayed on VFD display, the communication of IMMU and radio, radio unit or transponder has problem.

As for the clock it depends on which edition and whether sat nav is fitted.

Former:
Press Settings and navigate with joystick the menu system should be intuitive from there including summer settings.

If the later system the time is controlled by the sat nav system but you have a simplified menu if following the instructions above. further adjustments would need to be carried out throught he sat nav menus
Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply