Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hello from New Zealand, need Wiper Spindle help.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello from New Zealand, need Wiper Spindle help.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello from New Zealand, need Wiper Spindle help.
    Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 1:46am
I'm trying to fix up my dads Nissan Primera 1997 (Automatic Sedan).

I have an issue with the passenger side windscreen wiper. 

The main pivot minge is busted causing misalignment. The wipers still work but when the hood is opened, it grates against the wiper.

Based on my research.

That part is called the wiper spindle. Apparently it a common fault and the trick is to get a better equivalent part from a Nissan P10. P11 ones are weak and will break again.

Because NZ is a small market the P10 wiper spindle are likely hard to find if not already scavenged by other P11 owners.

It maybe easier for me to reverse engineer the part and get a machinist friend to make it for me in aluminium.

Can anyone measure their one up for me?
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 7:18am
Welcome to NPOC

Aftermarket ones available very cheaply from Poland. Need a strip and lube before fitting
Might be economical if they ship to NZ.

The Part that Fails is the same on the Driver Side so you should be able to measure yourself.
I bodged one of my P11 Spindles with a Silicone/Mastic Nozzle.
chim View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 10:03am
Perfect! My driver side is still intact!

Thanks for the Polish link as well.

What do you mean by silicone/mastic nozzle?
 Post Reply Post Reply