Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello! I'll be sharing updates on this turd!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acme15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello! I'll be sharing updates on this turd!
    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 11:55pm
Hi all,

Joined up here because I have just bought a '99 GT Saloon, and I've deactivated Facebook so can no longer rely on the groups! LOL

This ridiculous thing is my new toy which I'll be picking up on the 20th... It has never been welded and has been dry stored for the last 7 years, but has surface corrosion advisories on the last MOT from 6 months ago when it was dug out of storage... Hopefully it will be pretty solid, but if not, well I've been there and done that before... As a minimum it will be scrubbed up and undersealed.

I'll likely post up a project log thread for it. I will be de-stickering it when I get it home, after which I'll give it a full service, paint the wheels gray, paint the white mirrors and spoiler black to match the rest of the car, fiddle with the timing, fit a manifold and downpipe, and fit a cold air intake...
acme15 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acme15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 12:09am
Also I notice the forum isn't very active in the "free" sections - Happy to pay to become a member since it is only £15 a year, but looking at the post dates on the other sections, it looks like they aren't that active either? 
Grim View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

r1pp3R

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Grim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 10:08am
Hi it’s not as busy as it use to be . But still a few of us die hards about and plenty of information to had from the forum.
Info you get here probably more reliable than fb and none of the crap comments you get on fb 😁
Self proclaimed Leg-end!
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 10:36am
hey welcome to the original nut house, before FB, dimmed the traffic here, as Grim mentioned, we still have a few die hards post regularly on here, but not as hectic as it was before the FB came along
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
acme15 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acme15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 3:59pm
Thanks chaps :)

Yeah FaceSpace has definitely taken the wind out of the sails of a lot of car forums. A shame really.

Volvotuning.net some months ago because of it.
acme15 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acme15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 4:00pm
volvotuning.net closed down some months ago because of it*

(Is there no edit option for posts? Lol)
FriedGold View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member
Bear trainer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriedGold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 6:26pm
Hi. I kept seeing that on eBay and, apart from the stickers, it looks like a decent example. Please do let us know how you get on with it and I'd been keen to see it once you've binned all that and painted up the white bits.

Yeah, the forums are fairly quiet but the people that are still here are the best ones for advice anyway (plus some of us who aren't, lol).

FYI, you can edit posts by clicking "post options" on the top right of your post.
trbobrk View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trbobrk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 8:30pm
The minimal barrier to enter the forum filters out the nonsense.  

But they still let me post here anyway. LOL
acme15 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acme15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by FriedGold FriedGold wrote:

Hi. I kept seeing that on eBay and, apart from the stickers, it looks like a decent example. Please do let us know how you get on with it and I'd been keen to see it once you've binned all that and painted up the white bits.

Yeah, the forums are fairly quiet but the people that are still here are the best ones for advice anyway (plus some of us who aren't, lol).

FYI, you can edit posts by clicking "post options" on the top right of your post.

No edit option for me, just quote and post reply. Maybe editing is disabled in this section for some reason? :)

I think this one should be OK and I will definitely post updates. I'm just anxious to get prodding and poking to see how solid it is underneath!
Stevie-Boy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Legend Elite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie-Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 10:27am
Welcome!

So glad someone got this one and has great plans for it!

Can just imagine the neighbours doing the curtain twitching thing as that rolls down the street as you drove it home Big smile

I think I'd have stuck 'this is new to me, these aren't my stickers' on it for the drive home LOL
2005 Supreme Honda Jazz Sport AF / 2018 Yamaha Tracer 700
Member of the Month: Jan 2014
ex P11 Si, P11 GT, P11-144 Sport+, P11 GT Turbo, P11-144 Wagon, Subaru Legacy B4 RSK, 350z
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>