Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello! I'll be sharing updates on this turd!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
NPOC Member
NPOC Member
Kerbalicious

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 7:16pm
Much better :)
acme15 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acme15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 8:24pm
I think its actually worse now. So I'm going to start over and paint it... Paint, panel prep, masking tape and paper on order...
FriedGold View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member
Bear trainer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriedGold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 9:27pm
"ponse tea" LOL
Janner View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member
Kerbalicious

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 10:30pm
Just keep it the colour it is?
acme15 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acme15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by Janner Janner wrote:

Nah it looks carp.

Gonna do it in semi-gloss white.

Anywhoo, does anyone know how rare GTLE Saloons are? I know they made 500 GTLE's for each available colour, so 2000 in total, but that covers both hatchbacks and saloons, and I think the hatchbacks were more common. I'd guess probably 200~ silver GTLE saloons made, which probably means 10 left... LOL
acme15 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acme15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 11:23pm
It looks much better in (decent) photos, its much more patchy with dodgy edges and little bits of silver showing through underneath where the stickers were in person.

Anywhoo it looks like this currently.

Tomorrows job is to remove the AC, fit my new manifold and downpipe, and investigate the most effective route for a positive battery cable to run from the boot to the engine bay.
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by acme15 acme15 wrote:

Originally posted by Janner Janner wrote:

Nah it looks carp.

Gonna do it in semi-gloss white.

Anywhoo, does anyone know how rare GTLE Saloons are? I know they made 500 GTLE's for each available colour, so 2000 in total, but that covers both hatchbacks and saloons, and I think the hatchbacks were more common. I'd guess probably 200~ silver GTLE saloons made, which probably means 10 left... LOL

GTLE saloons not many maybe about anymore...but there were only a few cosmetic differences between them and GTs, mainly different set of alloys, full leather seats, some had fancy door sill guards, and MOMO gearknob...performance wise no different to a GT...
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
acme15 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acme15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 4:37pm
They had 16" multi-spoke Enkei wheels, dark gray leather seats with silver piping, weighted Momo gearknob, and larger rear brakes.

And I know the Saloons had front and rear strut braces over the hatchbacks. So the GTLE Saloon is the top doggy. :)
acme15 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acme15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 7:24pm
Removed the AC system, minus the radiator thing behind the dash. Can't be bothered to remove that unless someone can advise how easy it is to do, without preventing the normal HVAC system from functioning?

Snapped the tensioner bolt.

Made a new one out of some threaded bar.

Made a friend on the way to ECP to pick up an 830MM belt (slightly too short but got it to work just about, and 850MM is too long, so I'd say 840MM is roughly what you want!)

Amazingly all the manifold nuts came loose without snapping anything (have been soaking them in penetrant for a day or two) - Well, the studs are loose, the nuts are rust-welded onto them, but I guess they can be bolts if thats what they want to be, it is 2020 afterall damnit! /sc

Any idea what this irregular ticking noise is? Sounds like an anciliary bearing perhaps? Water pump?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p7K5Ne76t8&feature=youtu.be
acme15 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acme15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 1:25am
Manifold studs / nuts came off fine, some of them identify as bolts now but thats OK.

Manifold on after lots of fettling of the holes which were in totally the wrong places lol...

Don't mind that one stud which didn't feel like going all the way back in, we argued for a bit and I decided its fine, it can have its way if it must, im not going to force it.

Downpipe fitted with no squabbles at all. I did notice when I received it that the craftsmanship on the downpipe seemed to be much better than the manifold. Strange.

Test drive was a success, no leaks, until this fell out... Fortunately I was able to locate and retrieve it. O2 sensor bung from the downpipe, I forgot to check if it was tight. :p

At least it allowed me to be childish.

[MEDIA=youtube]_DzCjXVtvn8[/MEDIA]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>