Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello! I'll be sharing updates on this turd!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acme15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 2:30am
Finally got its oil change while i'm waiting for the RTV to cure to hopefully sort the oil leak. I pulled all the silicone crap out, cleaned it as well as I could (had to remove the alternator and tensioner for better access) and gobbed a strategically gobby glob of RTV around the area.

Didn't take a pic.

Took the air resonator box thing out.

Replaced it with the cap from a t-cut bottle cos I'm MLG.

The intake noise was already obnoxiously loud, this apparently makes it even louder, and I was apparently supposed to remove it when I switched over to a cone type filter anyway... Didn't know that at the time.
acme15 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acme15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 2:36am
Hmm, I'm not sure I ever mentioned the oil leak. It leaked from the normal SR20 place on the top of the timing chain cover, it had been bodged up with silicone before but that slowly failed, so I pulled it off (stop it...) and put some new silicone sealant on, that didn't work AT ALL, so I just ignored it for a while until now...

I REFUSE to take the whole poxy thing apart, so I thought I'd try a slightly more advanced bodge... I removed the alternator and tensioner bracket, pulled all the silicone off, cleaned up the area as best I could with solvents, dried it, and applied Loctite SI5990 liberally in and over the visible gap, with a spare glob over the top for good luck...

Cure time is 24 hours per 2.5mm thickness... It will have been well over 36 hours by the time I actually start it up. Probably 48 hours...

If it still leaks thats it, it is going to leak forever.
acme15 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acme15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 2:38am
I ballsed up the third image in that first post there...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011