Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New member from New Zealand

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 00MIKE00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member from New Zealand
    Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 12:14am
Hi everyone,

Just another member here from New Zealand. Bought myself a 1995 Nissan Primera Camino 2.0l the other day and thought I might join up on here!

Just a quick question about the car though, what fuel economy does everyone tend to get with theirs? Mines looking quite average but I guess that could be put down to it being Winter over here. I'm yet to do a service but am planning on a oil/filter change, air filter change and maybe spark plugs.

Cheers
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 2:00am
Hi Mike. Welcome to NPOC
Try and get a photo of your car up on here.
Roy
00MIKE00 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 00MIKE00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 4:01am
Thanks Roy. Will get onto that at some stage!

Just another question, when I try and get onto the Maintenance section of the forums it says that I don't have permission to access that part. Is it because I'm a new member or does anyone know why? Cheers
Blue View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member
Sick End

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 6:59am
Hi and welcome Mike, hope you're enjoying your new ride.

In order to access some areas of the forums and stuff, like the maintenance section you need to become a paying member.

As for fuel economy, I'd generally see about the early to mid 30mpg's. On a good run, some of the guys on here post up stats in the region of 50 or 60 mpg. I guess I never had that much of a good run, lol.
00MIKE00 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 00MIKE00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 7:29am
Yeah its pretty good so far. Upgraded from a 1992 Mazda 323 1.6 so its quite peppy and fun to drive. And thanks for that about being a paying member.

Oh righto thats pretty good fuel economy! At the moment its probably between 0-15 degrees during the day because its winter so that might be why I'm getting pretty average fuel economy? Its looking like I'm getting around 23 MPG on this tank which seems a bit thirsty. Would it purely be down to the temperature or you reckon theres more to it? The car looks to have had a service two years ago less 8,000km ago but I have a new air filter and oil/oil filter to put in once I fill up next for a good fuel comparison. 
Neilistic View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neilistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 11:15am
We didnt get the camino version over here as its a japan only facelift model, in europe we had the p11-144 as the facelift model. Have you got the SR20VE or the SR20DE engine? 

Best Nissan Primera In Show Runner Up JAE 2011

Sexy Six Sport
redshark1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redshark1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 4:15pm
Now I want to see the camino version even more.

Check brakes not binding. Unless yours have been enthusiastically maintained (not difficult) they are likely to bind in my experience.

I got 19 mpg around town when binding followed by 28 mpg after it was sorted.
See my Nissan Primera P11-144 common faults and fixes guide:
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by 00MIKE00 00MIKE00 wrote:

Thanks Roy. Will get onto that at some stage!

Just another question, when I try and get onto the Maintenance section of the forums it says that I don't have permission to access that part. Is it because I'm a new member or does anyone know why? Cheers

You have to be a paying member to access all areas Mike.I think for overseas members its £10.[10 GBP] Worth every penny mate,you will save more than that on your first day. lol
Just out of interest Mike, what is the chassis number of your car. I have 4948
Roy
00MIKE00 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 00MIKE00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 7:09am
Thanks for the welcome and help guys! Will have to look into becoming a full member I think!

Yeah the Camino I got is an import. Pretty sure its got the SR20DE engine but can't find very much info on the model at all. But to my uneducated Nissan eye it looks like the SR20DE. 

As for the brakes, I just got a Warrant of Fitness so that shouldn't an issue or else it should have been pulled up on. Once I've given it an oil change and filter change, air filter change and clean the MAF sensor, if its still overly thirsty will have a look at the brakes.

And will have a look at the chassis number when I can Roy. Do you have a Camino too? If so what year is it?
RS Tom-Hundred View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member
Condiment King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RS Tom-Hundred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 12:30pm
Welcome to the club Big smile

im guessing from being a Camino that this is the P11 shape then.  i now have a P11 144 shape and according to the trip computer Im getting about 34mpg maximum on a long run and more averagely Id be looking at late 20sMPG cos I do journeys on twisty roads. 

Where abouts in New Zealand are you?  Loved your country when we were over there on honeymoon a few months ago and can imagine if you are regularly driving the more hilly areas the MPG would be hard to keep at high levels too! Wink  Its completely flat where I live in te UK so that helps! LOL  The upside is you get the fun aspect and even in the hired Sunny we had, the Queen Charlotte Track around Picton was great fun to drive! (though I would have loved to have my old P10 with me on that day!! [probably my wife wouldnt have though! LOL])

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>