Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New member - Looking at a P11 GT, advice?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3rlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 6:38pm
Welcome along Big%20smile
grinder View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 9:26pm
Hi its elusive me minus p11 gt.Will be gettin the gal this Saturday as not well(me)last few days so had to hold off purchase.
I can't wait to drive the silver beaut(sensiblyish)in all her glory.Then a few of my subtle mods to make the finished article !!.
Cheers for the help and feedback guys,much appreciated.

Cheers AndyBig%20smileBig%20smileClap
Its good to talk......
crees22 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crees22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 1:06pm
Hi there, welcome!

Dont be suprised it the driveshaft snaps! Had mine a week and it broke. Think its a very common problem. Cant wait to get it back on the road tho, all else seems ok.
grinder View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 5:24pm
ClapWas that driving normalish ?Or was there a bit of welly on the way out of a corner !!lol...
I hope when I pick up car it makes the journey home...about 300ish miles.Some of that will be in the dark too.Will best take it easy until the gal is home in the drive and parked up.
Its always fun and a buzz when your picking up your new toy !!.
Take it easy when your back and driving bud......Star
Its good to talk......
the locksmith View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the locksmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 7:28pm
hi and welcome... silver 11s rock  ...  but then i am biast
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 11:36pm
As much as I'd love to say the 2 drive shafts I have snapped during my Primera ownership (1 on my Ten, 1 on my11).. Were as a result of me overtaking a Ferrari on a country road at 130 MPH.. Sadly it never happens like that LOL!

Both mine went pulling out of a junction at about 10 MPH.. Simple as that. It's all about the initial inertia from stationary to moving, it's when the most stress is put on the shaft etc.
crees22 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crees22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2007 at 12:15am
I must admit mine was under excessively hard acceleration over slighty bumpy tarmac, so obviously the drivesafts didnt take kindly to that. Still though, have heard they are a little faulty and can happen at anytime. Yours should be fine, but be warned they do go at some point in the cars life...sometimes. Just dont accelerate anywhere from a stationary position at any point LOL
shade View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2007 at 12:39am
Give it death all the time and accept broken driveshafts as a way of life with the Primera.

I did five on my P10!! Big%20smile

Welcome along.

Ade.
RIP 10, hello Connect! :(
crees22 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crees22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2007 at 8:37am
5 driveshafts!!! My wallet cant take that sort of abuse let alone the driveshafts. Thats worrying. Im gonna wrap mine up in cotton wool from now on.
primera_gt_200 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote primera_gt_200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2007 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by crees22 crees22 wrote:

5 driveshafts!!! My wallet cant take that sort of abuse let alone the driveshafts. Thats worrying. Im gonna wrap mine up in cotton wool from now on.
LOL nice one mate

Welcome to te club Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>