Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

''new'' owner P 11-114

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r.hood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ''new'' owner P 11-114
    Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 1:55pm
Hello to all members :)

I am from Slovenia and I have just signed, in order to see, IF others have/had the same problem with the aquisition of a used Primera. My (beautiful, confortable) car was bought beginning 2011, with 96.000 miles under and after a month I've noticed that my engine likes to drink. Oil of course. As some of you might have encountered this problem with your car, I am curious to get an answer if this is a factory ''malware'' or what...... The primera has a 1.8 motor, year 2002.
My mechanic did something (donno what, I know that it was cheap) already in March and  after that, it didn't drink oil (burn) so quickly, but in August  (after 20.000 km= cca 12.000 miles) it started to drink 1 litre (1,76 pint) per 1000 km (621,37 miles).
Now,....the princess Primera is guarding my mechanic's garage, probably waiting for a ''new'' heart....used engine...
...and ...have bought this ''old'' Primera, because as an happy owner of my old Nissan, I was fed up of it after 18 years...  the old one had a flawless motor.
I am just in shock...

crazy taxi View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazy taxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 2:15pm
Welcome to NPOC

Sounds like you bought the car with the problem already there
Old enough to know better, too old to change
r.hood View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r.hood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2011 at 7:34am
yes, I bought the car with the problem already there. When they opened the engine, they told me two possibilities of why this happened: much more miles than shown or reheated engine few times.
At least I got good news :) i will get another engine.

Post Reply Post Reply