Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera (all) wont start after lockdown?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera (all) wont start after lockdown?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahmed bossman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera (all) wont start after lockdown?
    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 7:33pm
'98 DR2 Green Primera P11 GT - Track car
'98 AJ4 Flame Red Primera P11 GT
2014 Blue Vw Move Up! - Track Car
2009 Milano Red Honda Accord ES GT

Insta : @ahmed.bossman

Youtube : shorturl.at/glzWY
ahmed bossman View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahmed bossman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 7:38pm
car not starting?

what to do if your car isnt start during lockdown and quarantine

i made a quick video showing you how to diagnose your battery / alternator and starter motor?
common problems

basically i went to my honda accord and as its been lockdown here in the UK i havnt been out at all for the past 3 months or so and the car didnt start because the battery had gone flat over this time and didnt have enough juice to turn the car over.

i got the car jump started using some jump leads. the car started perfectly find on the first time once connected to some jump leads. this tells us that the starter motor is working

using the volt meter, we can see if the the alternator is working and sending charge to the battery. the battery voltage reading on standby should be 12V as seen on the car battery. so with the car running, if the alternator is working and doing its job, it should be giving power to the battery and the reading should be higher, usually around 14V. as you can see in the video the reading while the car was started was reading 14.0V exactly on the digital voltmeter. this tell us that the alternator is working properly.

the final check is when the car is turned off, the battery should be reading 12V because its a 12V battery, anything less, this tells us that the battery is not holding enough charge / needs charging or it needs replacing. common faults can include the cells within the battery dying...

to do this quick check, the tools i used include;
jump leads - to start the car
volt meter - get the volt reading

link on ebay to the voltmeter - China

Link on ebay to the voltmeter - UK based seller

link on ebay for the battery terminal crocodile connectors (these do not come with the volt meter, but are not required because you just need to touch the wires to the battery terminals but i have added these for ease)  

this is a quick check which will work on all cars.

apologies in advance if this post is not allowed. i thought id share as other car owners may experience this same issue and its a quick guide where they could start

thanks

link to video

Janner View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Kerbalicious

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 8:07pm
Thanks Ahmed good post :)
keithSRI View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keithSRI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 8:13pm
Great advice.

Don't do what I did which was let your other half leave the vanity light on the passenger sun visor left on prior to a lockdown... Kind of wish Nissan had designed it to turn off like the dome light when locked Shocked
ahmed bossman View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahmed bossman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 8:19pm
ahah yes im glad my honda as this when the visor is closed the light auto closes, and my VW when you lock the car the lights auto shut. makes a huge difference, ive came back to a flat battery many a time! ahaha

Post Reply Post Reply