Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P10 5 stud hub conversion?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P10 5 stud hub conversion?
    Posted: 15 May 2021 at 7:52pm
I’m told that you can use the P12 hubs on a P10 in order to convert them to a 5 stud configuration? I’m just wondering if anyone has done this on here and can confirm for me. I’ve searched the usual buzzwords but showing nothing as yet.

There is a P12 at the local scrappy so I’m tempted to go and grab the hubs for some experimentation.

I’d like to do this so in the future I could potentially run some R32 GTR wheels for that OEM+ goodness.

Any help, insight, speculation appreciated!

Cheers,
Fletch
schwen View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote schwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 6:36am
It has been done before multiple times, specially in the US.

You can read a lot of info about the 5 lug conversion in the g20 forums
P10 Army - G20.net MOTM April ´09 - NPOC.co.uk COTM April ´11
Fletch View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 8:24am
Originally posted by schwen schwen wrote:

It has been done before multiple times, specially in the US.

You can read a lot of info about the 5 lug conversion in the g20 forums

Thanks Schwen! Will take a look there!
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 8:43am
Dead pics in the topic :( But more info below - Deffo works on the front.

https://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p10-p11-and-p11144-conversion-to-5-stud_topic48041.html
Fletch View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by essNchill essNchill wrote:

Dead pics in the topic :( But more info below - Deffo works on the front.

https://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p10-p11-and-p11144-conversion-to-5-stud_topic48041.html

Cheers Shaun. Have a good root around the G20 forums they all seem to use Maxima stuff which is common as muck over there. Think we called it the QX here?? Harder to get hold of. Will have a look at the link provided and see if I can get the rears to work out aswell!
trbobrk View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote trbobrk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 9:27pm
We use Maxima parts in the US because we don't have P12s.

On the front we use the front hub from a J30 chassis Maxima which is a bit confusing as there is an Infiniti J30 with the chassis code Y32.  The axle splines are the same as a p10 on the J30 Maxima, the following generation (A32) went to bigger so even though it bolts on your axles won't move the car after you have reassembled everything wrong.  Front bearing is the same, and everything goes together as it should.

On the rear, we use the A32 maxima hub.  I'm not sure why other that that is what we did.  It has the integrated rear bearing in the hub itself similar to the p10.  The hub however is not spaced right and the wrong size for the rear spindle.  So you'll need to make a sleeve that goes from 27mm to 30mm, and a spacer to move the hub outward.  And the last bit is fitting the ABS rings.  Need to get pressed off the p10, and then put in the appropriate place on the new hub and tacked on with a little welds.
Fletch View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 8:12am
Originally posted by trbobrk trbobrk wrote:

We use Maxima parts in the US because we don't have P12s.

On the front we use the front hub from a J30 chassis Maxima which is a bit confusing as there is an Infiniti J30 with the chassis code Y32.  The axle splines are the same as a p10 on the J30 Maxima, the following generation (A32) went to bigger so even though it bolts on your axles won't move the car after you have reassembled everything wrong.  Front bearing is the same, and everything goes together as it should.

On the rear, we use the A32 maxima hub.  I'm not sure why other that that is what we did.  It has the integrated rear bearing in the hub itself similar to the p10.  The hub however is not spaced right and the wrong size for the rear spindle.  So you'll need to make a sleeve that goes from 27mm to 30mm, and a spacer to move the hub outward.  And the last bit is fitting the ABS rings.  Need to get pressed off the p10, and then put in the appropriate place on the new hub and tacked on with a little welds.

Thanks for the info, it’s much appreciated. Hopefully the P12 over here is the same as the J30 over there, sounds like a straight swap if so?

As for the rears, like I say there isn’t a maxima here but there is a QX which is the same by the looks of it and I think there is an A32 that’s breaking for parts on eBay, sounds a lot more involved though! Do you have any pictures of this process? Specifically the sleeve and spacers?

I don’t think I need to worry about ABS tbh, I don’t believe my car even has ABS!
 Post Reply Post Reply