Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P10 / P11 - E10 fuel concerns?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kamster277 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P10 / P11 - E10 fuel concerns?
    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 8:00pm
Hi All,
I hope someone will be able to help me out on this one, I have a 1997 P11 (sri). I have been trying to find out if the new E10 (10%) petrol will work on my car.  I can't seem to find anything on the gov site regarding cars built before 2001. I hoping someone has an answer.
Thanks
Kam.
P93GBW View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P93GBW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 8:45pm
Hey Kam, not definitive but I had an argument with Sainsbury's twitter support as their pumps are all marked as E10 and have been for a while. I've been running my p11 with it without issues and it must have been a year or so ago I noticed the stickers were changed.
I think the major worry about it is due to parts containing copper, brass or bronze in the fueling systems of older cars? If anyone knows better though please feel free to correct me on that.
Not sure from what I've seen there's much to worry bout in a P11 at least?
Id be interested to know anyone else's take on it too!
P93GBW View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P93GBW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 8:46pm
Just seen there's another post on this a little further down the help and queries section with more info!
kamster277 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kamster277 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2021 at 3:47pm
Cheers thanks, I have had a look at that post as well . Its funny i did contact Nissan about this issue and below is their reply, which to be honest wasnt very clear either way lol.

"Thank you for contacting Nissan Customer Services regarding the compatibility of your Nissan vehicle with E10 fuel.

We would like to inform you that all Nissan new cars and all Nissan vehicles from the year 2000 with gasoline engine (gasoline engine, fueled so far with Super 95) tolerate the fuel "Super E10 sulfur free ROZ 95".  

Due to the above explained your vehicle is / is not compatible with the E10 fuel.
"

Post Reply Post Reply