Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 144 amp power cable

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonnyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 144 amp power cable
    Posted: 11 Oct 2008 at 1:42pm
I hoep someone can help. 

was wondering if anyone knew an easy way to get the power cable (for an amp) from the battery into the cabin of my Nissan Primera P11/144?

I'd really prefer not to drill, because when I did this on my Punto previously, the drill bit going into the engine bay went through a 4 mm gap between 2 brake pipes! (so I certainly don't want to risk anything like that).

Similarly, does anyone have any hints/tips about routing the cables through the car to the boot (with as little showing as possible)?

Cheers
Nissan Primera P11/144 Sport
Baz007 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2008 at 5:56pm
Hmmmm, there is a grommet where your engine harness goes through the bulkhead, use that?

As for routing, straight down the sides where the wiring loom goes would be best
FireStorm View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireStorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2008 at 8:43pm
As above.....done it 2 many times! passenger side is easiest.
None
Danny01204 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny01204 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 12:04am
Ive dne mine matey. Passenger side, grommet. Punch a hole in this, or snip one in it with wire cutters. Then feed ur power and remote on cable down the passenger side sills. If you look where the door sills are, the grey plastic trim just lifts up (its clipped on with plastic clips). Then feed the wires under your rear seats, they just lift forwards on a pivot. Do your left and right audio cables, but run them up the other side of the car to reduce interferance from the power cables.
If it doesnt taste of something you know....it Tastes like Chicken!
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 12:21am
The gromit you'll be looking for is directly below the fuel filter.. So start at the top of the engine bay (right hand side) and on the bulkhead, look for the shiny cylindrical fuel filter, then on that line heading down towards the floor, you'll see a big black rubber gromit, go through that.

I'll try and dig you out a piccy for ease and referenceSmile
bandit_senior View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bandit_senior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 12:23am
Thank you very much guys was after some similar info myself! 
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 12:43am
I can't find any good reference photos, so just went outside and took some meself... I can't get these up until I unite my moby with my lead.. Which will be when I get home from work in the morningSmile
jonnyw View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonnyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 8:29am
Cool, thanks for the replies. 

Pics will definitely be useful if it's not too much trouble. 

My new head unit is due for delivery today, which I'm gonna fit this evening (am currenlty running the OEM tape player), then fingers crossed if I have time, I'll look at running the cables too :)

(Just glad I don't have to do any more drilling)
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 10:18am
Here you go... The piccies from last night..

1st up, here's the fuel filter at the top of the engine bay (RHS)

Another pic of the filter (closer in) and now you can see my amp power cable etc

These piccies are taken from underneath the fuel filter and are a close up on the rubber gromit and show the power cable going through:

Now some others have used a different gromit, (as mentioned above ).. It has some wiring going through it and here's a photo of that gromit (on another P11), although I am unsure of it's exact location.. It is in the rough same area as the where I have used however:

Both these gromits will drop the wire through into the passenger foot well area.. From there, just run the cable under the placcy channel / side sills, inside the car (passenger side).

Hope that helps and good luck,
Shaun

PS - Off to bed at lastSmile
jonnyw View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonnyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 10:00pm
Thanks so much for the advice everyone, and thank you so much for going to the effort of taking and posting pics Shaun :)

I fitted the new HU this evening, and am really impressed.  Now I just need to get the chance to install the rest. 

Thanks again everyone - will let you know how it goes :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>