Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P11 electric window problem blem
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 electric window problem blem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnBennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 electric window problem blem
    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 5:24pm
Hello everyone

Please can I ask if anyone has encountered a similar problem? having very recently acquired a P11 Primera, 1597cc manual 5 door hatch. The vehicle is low mileage and has clearly been stood for some time.

The front windows are electric, the rear are wind up\down

The electric windows both worked, albeit both were very stiff, the passenger side has freed itself up but the driver side got worse and now is stuck half way down\up.

I removed the switch from the driver door but was confused to see that it has five buttons, four for four windows and the fifth a locking button.

On removal of this switch unit I saw that it has P11 written on it in what appears to be tipex, suggesting that this is a replacement unit from a scrap car??

I have managed to obtain the correct unit for the car and installed it today, it didnt work and now the passenger side window does not operate either.

I have checked the fuse box under the bonnet and the fuse looks fine.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Thank you in anticipation!!!!!!

regards, John Bennett

John Bennett
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 6:07pm
Hi John. Welcome to NPOC. Handshake
Put the old switch back, at least you know that one works. Spray some WD40 down the window runners, that will help. You can also try to move the drivers window by hand when you are trying to open/close it with the switch. Thumbs Up
Roy
JohnBennett View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnBennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 7:16pm
Hi Roy

Thank you for the welcome to NPOC and thanks for the advice, however, I have tried your suggested remedy, still not working, the car is going into the garage next week for a new clutch prior to an MOT so am hoping they can resolve the issue, am not sure if the window problem is an MOT failure?

Thanks again and regaards, John B
John Bennett
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 9:36pm
It's not an MOT failure.

You have the wrong switch fitted or its faulty. Thats why the passenger window is now not working either as that only works when the drivers switch is all connected up and working,this is summing you haven't disabled it be pressing the locking button for it..

Justin Thyme View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justin Thyme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 7:37pm
Roy, i have also got the same issue with a P11 i have picked up today, drivers window is perfect, but the passenger is very slow and once down about a 1/3 or a little more it doesnt want to return.

If i was going to WD40 the runners, do i need to take the door panel off?
98 Primera Sri, Citroen Relay Van, collection of bikes and a Delta Evoluzione
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 10:10pm
No mate, just let it flow down the rubbers, it's not going to hurt anything down there. LOL
Try that 1st before you start taking things apart. Thumbs Up
Roy
Justin Thyme View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justin Thyme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 1:12am
I will make sure i put the thin pipe on the can and spray away down the gap.

one less thing to sort out if its just a case of some much needed lubrication
98 Primera Sri, Citroen Relay Van, collection of bikes and a Delta Evoluzione
 Post Reply Post Reply