Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 Front Subframe 1.6 vs 2.0

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SR20VEGT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 Front Subframe 1.6 vs 2.0
    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 6:15pm
Bonjour. I've just looked at a 1.6 Primera 1998 sedan. The plan is to find a fresh shell to swap over the engine, brakes, gearbox from my P11 GT hatchback.

Unfortunately it was dark and raining heavily so I didn't get the best view of the underside of the front of the 1.6.

My question is this.

Are the subframes different between the 1.6 and 2 litre cars?

The reason I ask is while I was lying on my back in a puddle looking up at the engine area from below, it seemed to look different, specifically where the front subframe connects to the body at the back.

Was I imagining a different or is it actually different?

If it is different, can I use the 2.0 subframe on the 1.6 car? Are the mounting holes in the same place?

Or maybe there are subframe differences between the sedan and hatchbacks??????

Any help much appreciated. I'd prefer not to get the 1.6 car and find I cant swap over the front end from the 2.0 because the mounting holes on the 1.6 shell are different!

Thank you in advance!
 Post Reply Post Reply