Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 GT - JDM Headlights wiring

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djtoodles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 GT - JDM Headlights wiring
    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 1:58pm
Hi all,

Ive got some of the JDM headlights for my P11 GT, ive got them fitted and nice but the wiring is different.
The JDM type headlights can be seen on the September 2011 car of the month for reference.

Im looking to find a guide to wiring the JDM headlights to a uk spec P11 GT or if anyone can provide instructions on how to make the wiring work.

Thanks in advance. 

Cal

essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 3:21pm
This is a guide from our paying members section but hey ho, enjoy the freebie :)

I actually used this same guide myself when I did mine a few years back (and mine weren't the HID ones), so you should be fine, loads of us have used it over the years.

Wiring:

UKJDM
NS Side LightRed/BlueRed/Green
NS DippedRed/YellowRed/Yellow
NS MainRed/BlackRed/Black

OS Side lightRed/Bluedidn't write it down but whatever colour is left
OS DippedPink/BlueOrange
OS MainRed/GreenRed/Green

Height AdjustorsRed/BlueRed/Green
 Purple/YellowBlue/White

All black wires are earths.

Like I said these are for the HID versions so your JDM lights may be different (and won't have the height adjustors). The sidelights and indicators are easy to work out so check if they're the same and you should get an idea for if the wiring is all the same.
djtoodles View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djtoodles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 5:14pm
Hi, thanks for the freebie and the info. Its probably me being dense but i wonder if you could quickly clarify something for me :P

The standard headlight assembly has 2 connectors which iirc have 5 and 6 wires. i have all the colours of wire mentioned above but they are in different connectors and ill have a load of wires spare once i match them up as my JDM lights have only 3 wires for the full and dipped beam connector. Is this correct? 

djtoodles View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djtoodles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 5:21pm
Ignore me, it was me being dense. Ive got them all fitted now. Thanks again. 
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 7:12pm
good to hear you got them sorted
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
Wcbear View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wcbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 9:33am
JDM xenon leveling motor is 3 wires which is +12V (Red), GND(Black),  SIGNAL(Blue).
The Signal inputs is resistance, you can solder a potentiometer to Signal and GND. Effective ohm is around 80 to 1.2K ohm.
You cannot connect P11 headlight leveling adjust (6 wires ) to JDM xenon directly.  The 6 wires use 4 wires among them given +12Volt as signal to control leveling.

Post Reply Post Reply