Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 GT rear shock mount studs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P93GBW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 GT rear shock mount studs
    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 1:22pm
Hi guys, just got round to trying to fit my lowering springs + new shock absorbers. I didnt realise that the rear shock mounts were held on by a stud going from the inside to the outside.
Long story short I've had to cut them off to actually remove the suspension assembly due to how rusted the nuts were.
Does anyone know if there are replacements for these studs available and what they would be called? Cheers
P93GBW View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P93GBW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 2:01pm
For reference it's the stud that number 5 threads onto in this picture
http://static.nissan4u.com/epc_img/25243682740178.png
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 2:17pm
Hi Chris. I drilled mine out and put new nuts & bolts in. The bolts going in from the underside so the nut is inside. Thumbs Up
Roy
P93GBW View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P93GBW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 3:09pm
Thanks for the reply Roy! I sat and looked at it for a while and then decided that was the best thing to do as well. What a pita of a fitting, especially when the strut brace is mounted sensibly right next to them. Cheers, Chris.
Janner View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Kerbalicious

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 1:08am

Gotta love rusty bits! :(
 Post Reply Post Reply