Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P11 GTLE - NATS/Immobiliser Issue?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 GTLE - NATS/Immobiliser Issue?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammo19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 GTLE - NATS/Immobiliser Issue?
    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 5:51pm
Hi all

Fitted a K&N cone filter today following the excellent NPOC How To Instructions.  I disconnected and removed the battery to give me some working space.

Put everything back proud of myself, stepped into the car, turned the key, orange EML check light flashing, car turns over but fails to start.  Feels like an immobiliser issue to me.  Now I have taken the battery out to charge overnight, I need to check fuel as it was low but would be surprised if this was an issue as the fuel low light is not on, and need to look to see if fuses are ok in the morning. 

Have been reading some horror stories about new ECU's, re-setting ECU's, key re-programming at Nissan dealers etc.

I guess it's a process of elimination so am I right in doing the following:

- put charged battery back in and try again
- check fuel (I'm right thinking that the low fuel light would be on aren't I?)
- check fuses
- try the 2 key switch processes recommended some time ago in this forum
- should I try reprogramming the key fob next using the How To instructions?
- find the fault code using the paper clip method?
- panic!!!!!

Guidance as ever would be most welcome

Hammo19 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammo19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 11:16am
Right so it’s sorted, car starts, runs and light is off dash.  I put battery back on the amber engine check light flashed once, went solid and then went off when the car started.

It was either the battery removal and charge or the fact I found the alarm/immobiliser button in the boot and pressed the little metal key against it that was on the spare key fob.  Not very helpful I know but combination of both has us on the road. 

Now for a drive up to the local airfield for lunch!
 Post Reply Post Reply