Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 belt change

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bicycle2309 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 belt change
    Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 2:16pm
Hi, my 2003 Primera P12 1.8 hatch requires both belts alternator/air con and steering pump to be renewed. From the engine compartment, I can just about see the adjustment for the steering pump, but cant make out where the adjustment is for the alt/air con. I am not sure what items I need to remove to gain access in order to do this, would appreciate someone to advise.

p.s. Ive had this thread removed before, I think I have got the title right this time, if its something else that's not right, can someone on educate me please specifically as to where I am going wrong
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 4:49pm
If you look up just above the air con pump but towards the the back of it,you see the long adjustment bolt (10mm) for the alternator belt(Might be worth giving it a dose of wd40 also)But first you must slacken the idler pulley but undoing the 14mm nut.
bicycle2309 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bicycle2309 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2015 at 10:53am
Hi, thanks for that, great help belts on and tightened up a treat, just as well as I was going away for w/end 600 mile round trip and the old belts were cracked on the inside, they definitely needed changing. Don't know if you have seen my other thread/post, but I need to source new rubber boots/gaiters for the shocks if this is possible and also if its economically worth it, any ideas please. regards S
x-rover-fan View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x-rover-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 8:14pm
Nissan primera p12 1.8

Just like to say A big thanks to you all NPOC guys and girls been finding out all  I need on here from sarching the owners club.
Just found out how to slacken the belts on my p12 which only just bought not driven it yet needed lots T.L.C as been stood a while but has been loved in the past. nissan like to make the DIY person work hard to do things that seem simple when you start thank god you guys and girls  are here. just thought I drop a line to say thanks StarStarStar
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 9:27am
Hi and welcome to the ForumHandshake You should try creating your own post and tell us a little about you and your car, pictures are great toThumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply