Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 birdview navigation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote everwijn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 birdview navigation
    Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 9:17pm
Hi all again....
Tnx for the quick reply on the changing headlight unit... already enjoy this forum very much....
But I have another question.
My Primera P12 is one of the early ones... 2002 and so is the navigation
Is there somewhere where I can get the new mapping for the birdview system with europe mapping anywhere cheap?

Hope you can also help me out with this.

Rgds Rik
hairy View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 9:22pm
Yup - a certain auction website has them.  I got a 2010 disc for my 2002 P12 SVE and it works great (just short of £50.00.  Don't use the update disc though or you lose the Nissan logo on the screen).  Cheers  Simon
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 7:41am
Or for free. Another member sent me this.......

INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAPS ON NISSAN PRIMERA P12 MODELS.

1. First u'll need winrar if u have't all ready got it, go to www.google.co.uk and type winrar cnet into the search box, click the first one which will take u to the cnet home page.
   Click on the green arrow to the left of the download now and follow instructions to download it to ur computer.
   Find where it has been downloaded to on ur computer, then double click on it to install it, follow the instructions, think it is just clicking all the next buttons, when its installed u will get a new window called winrar, just click on the red X on the top right to close it.

2. Now u'll need jdownloader, copy and paste this link into ur address bar and it will take u to where u can get jdownloader from.
   http://en.softonic.com/s/jdownloader-free-download

3. Click onto the green tick next to the blue download on the righthand side of the page, follow the onscreen instructions to save it to your computer.
   Find where it has been saved to in ur computer then double click the icon to install jdownloader, remember to uncheck their toolbar and search engine etc u dont need these.
   When jdownloader is installed it will put a world icon with a yellow arrow around it on ur desktop.  Double click on jdownloader on ur desktop to open it.

4. U must leave jdownloader open on ur desktop, copy and paste the following link into ur browser to go to the maps

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?195-Maps-Nissan-2010-for-xanavi-X6, when u click on the link for the maps it will take u to another page called LinkSave.in
   U will see a yellow oblong box with jdownloader click n load on it click that. click on jdownloader and a file will appear in jdownloader stating the file name, it should be 2.86 gig and from i think rapidshare.
   when u see this file to the left of it click the + and u will see 31 rars, they look like a little pile of coloured books, these are wat u need to download.

5. Click on the blue play button on the top left in jdownloader, and the rars will start to download, click on the plus button again if u cant see the rars,
   they will download 1 or 2 rars at a time and they do take forever as there is a 90 second wait between each rar, i left mine over night to download, yes its free to download these files.

6. Once they have all downloaded find out where they have saved onto ur computer u will have 31 of the little red coloured book rars, on rar 1 the very first rar, right click on it and then click extract here
   this will make all the 31 rars into 1 file so u can burn it to disk, wait till it unrars all of them.

7. U will be left with a file with the maps in, this is wat is needed to burn them to disk, but u also need image burn
   http://download.cnet.com/ImgBurn/3000-2646_4-10847481.html  copy and paste that link into ur browser, then click download now, then save, once downloaded double click to install it, it will put an icon on ur desktop.
   U dont need to install the ask toolbar just uncheck the box.

8. To burn the disk u need a dual layer DVD, then click imgburn on ur desktop, click on top left sayin write image to disk, then at the top where is says sourse click on the yellow file with the magnifying glass on it
   this lets u browse ur computer to where the maps file is, find the maps file, mine is in download so i go into documents on the left the into downloads, click on the file for the maps then to open on the bottom right.
   make sure the dvd is in ur drive, and make sure that the write speed on the bottom right hand side is on x1

9. Click on the burn image on the bottom left hand side, and let it work its magic lol, when it is done just pop it into ur sat nav in ur car wait till it load up and hey presto u've now got maps
   Maps for the whole of Europe as well as the uk and u just saved urself bout £150 quid!!

If u have a printer, then print out these instructions so u can refer to them wen ur doing it

its not hard to do, but if u get stuck give us a shout

juliex

ernehale View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ernehale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 8:40am
What was all that after: - First u'll need winrar? LOL
candy1567 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote candy1567 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 10:27am
ha ha well the above post was from me

never ask a man to do the complicated tasks hey!!!!!

stick to making the cups of tea LOL

Juliex
ernehale View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ernehale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by candy1567 candy1567 wrote:

ha ha well the above post was from me

never ask a man to do the complicated tasks hey!!!!!

stick to making the cups of tea LOL

Juliex

I'll make you a brew if you burn me a disk!Thumbs Up

Back on topic,  before I go through all of the above will the finished article work on the early Xanavi satnav? I know the later Navteq system is still supported.
candy1567 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candy1567 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 4:26pm
Hi there

i havn't a clue which system i have, my prim is a 2003 plate SVE 2.2 diesel estate.  My satnav is just below the centre console.

The sat nav starts with the nissan globe and the disk i used it the one u can download in the above post as my car didn't come with one.

I have actually just downloaded the 2011 disk the same way (on gps underground) and this works as well.

Juliex
madgerald View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madgerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 4:47pm
legend - burning one now :)

hopefully I can drive through the nearby new estate without the poor p12 thinking i'm in a field.....

owe you one.....
currently running on a calculated 44.5mpg.........

*if its rare or unlikely, then its happened to my P12 :)
candy1567 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candy1567 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 8:49pm
@magerald

if u go onto the gps underground website, click on in car sat nav then on nissan/renault u will then come across a post with the links for the 2011 disk

u download this in exactly the same way and u will have the updated maps for europe

Juliex

ps. not sure if i included this but wen i burnt the disk it did not verify and it stated that the disk had failed, but still put it in ur satnav as it still works!!!
madgerald View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madgerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 9:00pm
thanks for that candy1567 :)

I got the 2011 one, can't test it till monday as the car is dead (waiting for new alternator)... will post if it works / not works for me too...
currently running on a calculated 44.5mpg.........

*if its rare or unlikely, then its happened to my P12 :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>