Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 birdview navigation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 23>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madgerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 10:51am
yep confirmed, 2011 works here too :)  dual layer dvd (unbranded cheapies) burned at x1
currently running on a calculated 44.5mpg.........

*if its rare or unlikely, then its happened to my P12 :)
candy1567 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candy1567 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 1:04pm
glad it works for u, even if it is a pain in the bum to download

mind u i wouldn't say its the best satnav in the world but cant complain

Juliex
Boothy1979 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boothy1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 7:52pm
Hi

I have a 53 plate SVE and I can't get the 2010 update to work at all!!

I have followed the instructions someone kindly posted, no problems downloading files etc, but when I finally burn the disc the system in the car just says Please Wait and makes quite a lot of funny noises.

Anyone got any ideas? I have read on GPS Underground that some computers just can't burn these discs properly.

Is there any chance someone might be able to burn me a disc and post it for me? Sick of not having the M6 Toll!!!

Cheers

Tom
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 8:34pm
I take it you have a duel layer DVD writer and are using Dual layer discs?
candy1567 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candy1567 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 2:04am
i also take it that u have the nissan globe on the screen wen u start ur car

i also used vertabim +R dual layer disks, i used the cheap ones as well and all was fine lol

maybe try to used a different dual layer disk, and as timeshock says make sure u have a dual layer dvd burner in your computer, the other thing is that i got that please wait wen i burnt the 2011 disk using my laptop (although the 2010 worked fine burning with my laptop), so i reburnt it using my hubby's computer and it worked a treat

Juliex

NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boothy1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 3:22pm
Hi
Yeah, it's dual layer writer and disks. I have written dual layer DVD's of around 8Gb before and they play fine.

On startup I get the Nissan Logo, no globe, just the logo. Is that correct? My old disk says x6.0 on it, from what I have read on gps-underground that should be correct.

In terms of computers, I unfortunatley only have a laptop and what is effectively a glorified laptop available. The glorified laptop is pretty new and pretty high spec, so I was dissapointed that didn't work, but i guess anything using laptop components is always going to be less able than a good desktop no matter how new it is.

If there is any other possibility you can think off it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Tom
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boothy1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 3:30pm
Just to add, the disks I'm using are TDK ones, so I would have thought would be fairly decent unless anyone knows any different.

Cheers
ernehale View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ernehale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by Boothy1979 Boothy1979 wrote:

Hi
Yeah, it's dual layer writer and disks. I have written dual layer DVD's of around 8Gb before and they play fine.

On startup I get the Nissan Logo, no globe, just the logo. Is that correct? My old disk says x6.0 on it, from what I have read on gps-underground that should be correct.

In terms of computers, I unfortunatley only have a laptop and what is effectively a glorified laptop available. The glorified laptop is pretty new and pretty high spec, so I was dissapointed that didn't work, but i guess anything using laptop components is always going to be less able than a good desktop no matter how new it is.

If there is any other possibility you can think off it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

Candy-Madgerald, Do your original discs have the words Xanavi or Navteq printed on them?

Xanavi was the early SatNav system used by Nissan and dumped by them in favour of the Navteq system at or about at the time of the Primera P12 facelift mid late 2003/2004. Navteq continues to support their system and disks can be bought across the counter at Nissan dealerships and Navteq direct for £ ridiculous. I undersatnd from this and other forums Nissan dealers and Navteq that there is no update option for the Xanavi x6 it is no longer supported.

I'm reasonably sure if your satnav screen comes up with the Nissan logo then you have the Xanavi and therefor no support or updates.

The globe logo again I'm reasonably sure is Navteq and you have support and annual disk updates either legitimate or otherwise.

The fly in my  ointment so far is Candy's car. If the DVD player is in the centre console below the CD then that is where they fitted the early Xanavi system. The Navteq unit is usually found under the passenger seat.

Someone please prove me wrong I want new mapping and I have Xanavi x6. Cry 

NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 4:25pm
The site recommended Verbatim and they work for me
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 4:56pm
Right..the compatibility is a little confusing, the system was indeed changed for the P12 makeover and the two systems incompatible, however both systems as I read the site are supported:
Now for the site you have been directed to for the dodgy download will work for one of the systems but I can not see how it will work for both. The download appears to be for the x6.0 system which is the later system 2005 onwards. However, Candy seems to state that it will work with the older system. Perhaps peeps who have downloaded the data can verify the system it is working on
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 23>