Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 Blank Screen & Heater Controls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Blank Screen & Heater Controls

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 Blank Screen & Heater Controls
    Posted: 14 Dec 2013 at 9:43pm
Hi All really hoping that I can get some help here, the Primera is our main family car and I cant drive it currently as I can demist the windscreen :(. Slightly long story but I figures the more info I can give the better.

Firstly I have read the complete thread here, however my car only has the Clarion CD player CY100 not a DVDdrive/SAT nav.

Ok the Car is a 2004 2.2 DCI P12 with the b&w reverse camera. No Sat Nav.

All has been fine with the screen heater and CD player, however I wanted to fit some way of getting AUX in or Bluetooth to the car. I purchased a GROM AUX in from here

TO fit it you supposed to plug a socket into the CD changer port on the back of the CY100 headunit and tap a 12v constant supply using a posi tap from one of the other plugs going into the head unit.

Now sadly I decided to try and fit the cables witout removing the stereo. Its actually easy enough to do if you have small hands. I attached the plug into the cd changer socket and then tapped the 12 volt as instructed. However I think this may be the issue I tapped the 12 volt from this wire

I turned on the ignition and nothing the screen is blank it does not seem to even come on no backlight. The CD player will not eject the cd, the controls are all dead on the multi nav / heater control panel except for rear window demist.

I have tried everything I can think of, I have removed the posit-tap. I have removed the wire connected to the cd multi socket. I have removed all the dash trim then removed the cd player and the controller wires checked them all reseated and nothing.

What can i do next, where is the issue likely to be is the cd player just a cd player and the brains of thr control come from the screen or the ECU or somewhere else?

Any help much appreciated. I would like to get the screen and controlls working again then identify the correct wire to take the 12v tap from and reconnect my afapter so I can use AUX in.

Thanks for any advice.

clarkey View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2013 at 9:44pm
I should also add, I have checked all the fuses in the passenger compartment fuse box and all are fine, I have also disconnected the battery for a few minutes and reconnected and still nothing.

Thanks
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2013 at 10:15pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake
Can you get a multi tester on it to check you have power where you are supposed to?
clarkey View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2013 at 11:34pm
Hi thanks for the welcome :)

I can get a MultiMeter on it tomorrow, do you know which pins I would need to test and what voltage to look for.

I presume I would need to check

1. The two sets of plugs that connect to the CD player.
  2. The One Plug that connects to the screen
  3. The One plug that connects to the button/joystick panel
Anything else?

Thanks
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2013 at 8:22am
Best you download the factory service manual http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-factory-service-manuals_topic29493.htm and read the AV and DI sections. You will find the pin layout in those.

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b
gazandsue58 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazandsue58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2013 at 9:10am
Welcome to the NPOC forums Hope you solve this problem quite soon
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2013 at 9:11am
Welcome to NPOC
Check fuse 33 under the bonnet.
clarkey View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2013 at 4:29pm
imckay I can not thank you enough! Checked the fuse and it was blown replaced and all is working again.

If I could buy you a beer I would!

Now to just fit the grom again this time using the correct wire, will look at the service manuals to try and work out which one I need!
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2013 at 4:38pm
Glad you got it working again Thumbs Up

This might help?
http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-xcarlink-iphone-fitting_topic42232.html
gazandsue58 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazandsue58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2013 at 10:14pm
Glad you got your motor sorted and the members on here are so helpful.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>