Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12- Central Locking Fault

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smithry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12- Central Locking Fault
    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 5:38pm
All, wondering if there is any advice that can be given to me. I have a 2006 P12 with a very infrequent but frustrating problem to do with the locking system !!

I had a few meetings today at one of our satellite offices, drove the 50+ miles back up the M5, parked outside my local shop to pick up a few bits and bobs, returned to the car, hit the key fob open button, did not hear the normal sharp snap of the doors unlocking, just a dull "thunk" hazards flashed but did not unlock the car.

Spent 5 - 10 minute's locking / unlocking from the key fob until the system worked .... PHEW.

I can't gain access from the passenger door manual lock as before the car was purchased it was used by the Nissan dealer as a test drive car and they must have changed the lock (goodness knows why) and not provided the key to the purchasing owner.

Car has not long had a new alternator and battery.

I don't want to get stranded, what are the fixes / options available to me.

Many thanks in advance for your reply's.
Not a mechanic, so thanks in advance !!
CarSpyTV View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarSpyTV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 11:03pm
When the car wouldn't unlock, did you check every door - and the tailgate - individually?
CarSpyTV. Join the fun at YouTube. Buying, driving, maintaining, and selling cars - because it's interesting!
smithry View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smithry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 11:27pm
Yes, and none unlocked .... thought it was going to be a call to the RAC !!
Not a mechanic, so thanks in advance !!
pianoprimera View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pianoprimera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 6:23pm
I can open my passenger door. Have been doing so for years to get in as it's only a 2nd runabout Estate car. But recently opening the passenger door has not always freed all the other remaining doors the first time. I have learned to snatch the door open - and this usually works, but just a gentle opening does not always. This seems to me to be an associated problem. So if anyone has any theories I'd be interested too.
pianoprimera View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pianoprimera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 6:30pm
Seems to be "Renault-itis" creeping into these P12's now. Rock solid engines, transmissions. Hardly any brake problems (apart from the silly inefficient handbrakes), - but ELECTRICS increasingly causing puzzles. Same in the States since Renault got their fingers into the pie. Once incredibly reliable Datsuns - Nissans now just a distant memory!! Ouch
 Post Reply Post Reply