Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Central locking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graeme N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 Central locking
    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 at 1:36am
Angry I am trying to fix the central locking in my primera p12. The boot activates, the lights flash to show that the signal has been received for the doors BUT they do not open or close with the remote. I replaced the actuator in the drivers door, still no good. Have checked all the fuses in the mount under the dash on drivers side, all good. Not sure about what to go to next. Hoping someone can guide me to specific equipment that I should check and where to find it? If there are relays or the actual receiver for the central locking I would appreciate your help in finding and checking.
Look forward to your assistance with this.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2021 at 9:27am
Hi and welcome to the forum.Handshake

What happens when you operate the locks manually either from within the cabin or by using the key entry (not remote)?
Graeme N View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graeme N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 9:31pm
Hi and thanks for the question. The short answer is nothing, there is no central locking in the car anymore. I am getting frustrated with not knowing where to check for the actual receiver to start a check back from there.
Estyfort View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Estyfort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 10:45pm
It seems the ESM is pointing to possible culprits here: the central locking switch or the smart entrance control unit. If the switch is good then the secu is bad.
Graeme N View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graeme N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 3:57am
Thankyou for this, so all I need to do now is locate this piece of electronics? I appreciate your help as I try and sort issues myself BUT this one is giving me more than enough down instead of up.
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 7:07am
Welcome to NPOC

Service Manuals here
https://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-factory-service-manuals_topic29493.html

With you being in NZ, it may not be exactly the same but will hopefully help.
Is yours a Jap Import?

The SECU mentioned above is coded to the ECU in EU Cars.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 8:41am
I think that is all the information you need to get you started, from what you are saying it is looking like the SECU, a fairly simple cube to locate and replace. A search on here will give a lot more information on it as well as a more common fault with it an fix.
Graeme N View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graeme N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 9:43am
Thanks for your input here. Yes it is a jap import so I will have a look in the manuals to see if I can find the creature causing my problems but I am now going onto a shift that will keep me tied down for a couple of days then back into sorting the problem.
 Post Reply Post Reply