Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Centre Console Problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2012 at 9:00pm
Good for you to have a go, take a look here for some helpThumbs Up

pixie123 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixie123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 7:53am
a quick update,

I was going to tackle removing the centre console on Saturday as I've got time then however, the console started working again this morning! I got in as usual started the car up and the console was black, halfway home I heard the radio and the thing lit up and everything appears to work fine, I'm not sure what has happened but it's working. I'll still have a look at the 'plug thing' at the back of the console at the weekend but I thought it might be worth mentioning that it appears to be working again now for no apparent reason.
pixie123 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixie123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2013 at 4:09pm
okay another update on this problem and sorry it's taken me so long to get back but things appeared to have sorted themselves out and the screen was working fine until yesterday when it did not come on again!

i managed to get the dash around the console off today however, the "connector plug known as M54" at the back of the screen was okay, nothing was loose.

I've put it back together again but the problem is still happening.  Does anyone else have any ideas?
fossyant View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fossyant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2013 at 6:23pm
Might be worth disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes. This clears the memory, and is a fix for when the dials stop working. Worth a try.
popswoo View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popswoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 11:50am
Does it work when the car is warm inside , ie above 12 degrees.

Does it not work when the car is cold inside , ie below 12 degrees.
Gary Newman View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Newman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 7:33pm
hi, I too have 2002 P12, and a similar thing has happened, blank satnav screen, no console buttons work except for rear screen heater, heating fan kicks in but no control over it.

I have followed the procedure for "hard reset" of disconnecting the battery and clamping together for 10 mins the leads that would connect to the battery. This works in that when the battery is connected all on the console works, then after a few hours it reverts to previous non functioning state.

Anyone have any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance, Mark

wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 8:13pm
Do you have sat nav? Not just the buttons but the actual dvd drive beneath the cd drive in thr console?

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Newman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 8:42pm
Hi wickydude, yes I have the actual DVD drive unit located beneath the CD drive in the console.
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 8:50pm
Then I suspect it could be the problem with the power supply of the dvd unit as per the fix in this topic:
http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-blank-console-screen-repair_topic32396.html
There's a further test described in that topic with heat directed at the drive, to see if it is repairable.

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Newman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 9:01pm
WOW that looks interesting - and complicated! Will do the hairdryer test at the weekend and update from there.

Many thanks wickydude!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>