Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan primera p12 crankshaft sensor removal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bren8888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan primera p12 crankshaft sensor removal
    Posted: 30 Apr 2022 at 11:43am
Hi guys and gals I've got a primera p12 and got a mil light on reading P0335 so I know that's my crankshaft sensor, I've spent literally hours trying to remove the faulty one but to no avail.
I've tried removing it going from the bottom of the engine and from the top but I just can't get it free of its housing any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.
Bren8888 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bren8888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2022 at 6:22pm
It's OK guys thankfully I got it out all is now running smoothly 👍
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2022 at 10:15pm
Well done Brendan
Roy
Bren8888 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bren8888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 1:01pm
Cheers mate running like a dream now 😉
Henry Tudor View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry Tudor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 11:06pm
Ive had to replace the crank sensor in mine as well. I spent a bit of time try to find it let alone change it. In the end worked out a simple process. Remove the earth lead from the battery.  Take of the airbox to throttle body air intake hose. I removed the throttle body but its not needed. Then with a ratchet ring spanner take the two bolts out of the starter motor and slide the starter motor across toward the right side of the car. You can now see the sensor and replace it. 10mm 1/4 drive socket and a short extention. Leave the lead plugged in as that will give you extra to pull on gently to remove it. Hope this helps. People in all the forums dont mention moving the starter.  
Bren8888 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bren8888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 2:10am
I never had to move or remove the starter on mine tbh in order to get at the crankshaft sensor.
 Post Reply Post Reply