Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 display unit fails

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hywel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 11:23am
Most def a temperature related issue!

Freezing cold morning so all working as should be for about 40mins.

Off then on then off....... you get the idea.

I like the idea about the fuzes, will investigate & report back!

Thanks,

Hywel
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by wickydude wickydude wrote:

I'm thinking as it's not just the screen but also the controls not working, it must have something to do with the power supply or ground connections.
What if a fuse malfunctions, like a small gap that closes once the material expands when it warms up? I'd try replacing the fuses 1 and 10 (see DI-92). That won't hurt or break the bank. Just to exclude items.

The controls and screen are the only different items between Nav and non-Nav cars according to the Nissan4U.
http://nissan4u.com/parts/primera/er_p12e/2003_5/type_3/body_electrical/audio_visual_telephone_and_speaker/illustration_3/
Bit odd as P12 owners often report having a Map button but no Sat Nav.

The Comms voltages come from the DVD drive on Nav cars.
They must come from elsewhere on the non-Nav cars. Screen or Control Panel I would guess.
Used screens on ebay from £20.

Definately worth trying the fuses though.
hairy View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 2:45pm
Hi - just wondering if you got this sorted Hywel?  My car's a 2002 P12 with DVD.  I had the common problem of the SatNav not working when it was cold - a couple of months ago the display and unit failed completely, although it did respond to the hairdryer treatment after about 10 minutes.  I took it to my local techy chap who did a repair on the DVD  which solved the problem for about a month.  Last week however, the unit failed when it was warm and it now only works in extremely cold conditions like yours - so it looks like the problem has been completely reversed??  I'm taking it back in to him this afternoon to see if he can see what's going on - will let you know if he finds a solution
hairy View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 2:46pm
ps ....... it failed for the first time in Aberystwyth - perhaps it's a Wales related problem??
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 5:05pm
Sounds like a dry joint, may need looking at again
peepe318 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peepe318 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 10:00pm
Nissan Primera p12 2002 Non Nav (only cd) does not work display and control panel buttons.
Did anyone solve this problem?
What is the cause ?
Regards
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 10:41pm
I think as yours is non DVD it is not our normal fix. do any of the buttons respond despite the blank screen?
d0nte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d0nte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 4:39pm
Hi there i  seem to be having the same problem on my 2004 Primera CD player only,
The only button that works is the rear heater.
Apart from that the screen is dead and all the other knobs don't function as intended.

NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 6:24pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake
Given you say you do not have sat nav try looking in the fusible link box in the engine bay No 33 and in the fuse box next to the drivers knee for fuses 1 and 10Thumbs Up
d0nte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d0nte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by timeshock! timeshock! wrote:

Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake
<DIV abp="779">Given you say you do not have sat nav try looking in the fusible link box in the engine bay No 33 and in the fuse box next to the drivers knee for fuses 1 and 10Thumbs Up

Thanks timeshock!

Fuses 1 & 10 are ok,

Could you please clarify what you mean by No 33

Cheers & Thnx.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>