Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 display unit fails

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d0nte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 10:31pm
Here are some photos that may help

imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 7:49am
There is another Fuse Box under the Bonnet.

Have you got the Service Manual?
You want PrimeraP12.zip

See K:Electrical Chapter, PG Section, Page 93
d0nte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d0nte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 2:02pm
Replaced all the fuses in question here and still no joy.
Any further suggestions..?

Regards.
d0nte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d0nte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 2:11pm
It's also worth mentioning that. the AC compressor is on all the time but the AC fan never comes on.

imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 5:58pm
Do you mean the Heater Fan inside the Car or one of the Fans at the front of the Car not working?

Heater Fan there is a common fault with the Speed control
http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-fan-speed-control-module-diy-repair_topic12795.html

But could be due to your Controls not working.

The voltage to run the screen and controls is generated somewhere. In Nav Cars it is in the DVD. I am not 100% but believe it comes from the AC Auto Amp.

Away from Home and the Service Manual until Monday
d0nte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d0nte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 6:33pm
Sorry let me clarify that.
Well neither of those fans come in under the bonnet nor in the car cabin.

The only working fan on the car presently is the radiator fan.

No blower motor, no lights on the lcd display.
The only led lit on the center console button area is the rear defrost. Which i can clearly hear the realay clicking in and out as that button is pressed.

imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 9:47pm
You have the same Symptoms as the Display problem with the Nav Car
That loses the 5V and 3.5V required to run the Electronics.

I believe the Rear Defrost is on a separate 12V circuit so still works.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 9:34am
As said, the rear heater circuit is completely separate to the audio/air con. multifunction panel and that is supported by others with similar problems.
Similarly as far as I can see the blower unit is connected to the multi function panel but has a separate circuit to the AV as is the AC amp and SECU . Interactions and earths are an important issue on the P12 so sometimes unexpected things happen and while in my opinion it is unlikely that these are at fault changing one of those components maybe the solution.

The next stage if you want to take it is to remove the multifunction panel and disconnect the multi function connector and start testing with a multi meter. The likely cause I believe is in the power routing, you have confirmed the fuses are good, so again earths or loom problems are looking like the issue.

I recommend you download the free electronic service manual following the link below

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-factory-service-manuals_topic29493.html

The well known fix for the similar problem to this on the sat nav version (1st edition P12) was one excellent find by a member on here but is there is a similar fault on your version I don't know where that would be. The finding with a multi-meter will narrow the choices down.

imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 6:39pm
I think the fault is caused by the Screen.
May be some failed Capacitors

Google Translate this. See last Post on the Page
http://www.primera-club.ru/f/elektrooborudovanie-p12/12525-potuh-monitor-bortovoi-komp-pognal/p101
d0nte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d0nte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 6:07pm
I read what i could make out.

But i wouldn't know just where to start with that type of repair is there another easier means of getting it fixed. I just wanna get the AC going again, it's like super hot outside all the time.

And are you guys saying that in my case it is the display monitor for sure?

Thanks Again
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>