Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 - Drivers footwell soaking wet
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 - Drivers footwell soaking wet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adijames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 - Drivers footwell soaking wet
    Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 4:07am
Hi All. I've got a low milage 2006 Primera P12, which I love, but found it has got a soaking wet driver's footwell. Found this a few days after car wash. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Sadly, the garage I've relied on for donkey's years has folded, and I'm conerned it'll be difficult to work out the source of the leak without being hit for big bucks.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 4:56pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake
The source of the water is from the sunroof drain, the rubber hosing has slipp of the end, normally quite and easy fix to do.

I recommend you download the free electronic service manual following the link below

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-factory-service-manuals_topic29493.html

Adijames View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adijames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 4:22am
Thank you so much for the message, and the kind welcome.
I know this probably sounds silly,and I'm hopeless at all things DIY, but my car doesn't have a fitted sunroof as such, do you mean roof seal ?
Thanks again 😊
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 5:05pm
No, it is common for a wet seat well to emanate from the sunroof, if you don't have one you need to look for holes in the seat well area if yo uare sure it not from wet feet with all the snow. it would be unlikely for water coming in through the door seal without you noticing, you could try checking your door drain holes making sure the door is not full of water.

Adijames View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adijames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 9:35am
Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated, I'll check that out .
 Post Reply Post Reply