Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Earth cables. Please help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftylad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 Earth cables. Please help!
    Posted: 23 Jul 2022 at 4:53pm
I have a P12 2.2 wagon . It has run faultlessly for the past year, whisking me up and down the country without so much as a cough. However last week I came out of a job interview and it wouldn't start. Engine management light came on, it turned over but wouldn't start. After about 20 minutes it started up and I drove home. I used it for a couple of days then it did the same. After people mentioning earth cables I thought I'd take a look. It seems that I am missing two earth cables but I have no idea what they fasten to!
Black cable with yellow stripe. Comes from negative terminal on battery and fastens to a bolt on the chassis. The cable then carries on but the other end isn't attached to anything its hanging loose.
Second earth cable is just black. One end attaches to the gearbox the other goes to the bolt on the chassis. Again this cable carries on and is also not fastened to anything. I have looked everywhere and can't see what these two earth cables should fasten to. Any help gratefully received.
Many thanks
Antony

timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2022 at 9:10am
Hi and welcome to your first post on the forum.Handshake

It sounds as if your earths are in the right place I'm not sure what the additional wire may be, however as you had an EML on I would get the code for that.

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-all-engines-read-reset-ecu-fuel-pump_topic54932.html

when you do it correctly just count the flashes of the light it will give a repeating sequence of four digits, 10 flashes representing zero

Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply