Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 engine swap help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Cooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 engine swap help
    Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 7:04pm
A few months ago, I found a video compilation of SR20VE sound. That was the moment I fell in love with this engine. I'd like to become the owner of a SR20VE. I've searched a lot in many pages, but I can't find anything reasonable. Either the cars are in terrible condition or their prices are not in contact with reality.

Long story short, I think about buying a Primera P12 and swap the QR20DE with a SR20VE 20V. The problem is that I don't know what else do I need, except for the car, the engine and a good engineer. Your help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 7:08pm
Hey and welcome to the forums :)

You do know you can buy a P12 with the SR20VE already in it? They were made in the factory like that but sadly you’ll need to import it from Japan.

Take care,
Shaun
Ryan Cooper View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Cooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 11:00pm
Nice to meet you Shaun.

I have thought about it, but except for the fact that it would cost a fortune to ship it, pay taxes, customs, tariffs etc, it will be a right hand drive, while vehicles in Greece drive on the right side of the road. That's why I consider engine swap the only way...
 Post Reply Post Reply