Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 headlight actuator dead

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 headlight actuator dead
    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 1:26pm
Nissan Primera p12 1.8 2006 just failed its MOT because they said the driver's side headlights are misaligned but they cannot adjust them as the mechanism is not working. They recommended changing the entire headlight unit. The car is the basic model and has the regular units, not xenon.

Am I right in thinking I that's not necessary and I can simply replace the adjustment mechanism/motor for the headlamp? I think it is Nissan part 26056AU300 or Renault 7700420737

If so, is it just a question of unplugging the old one, and plugging the new one in?

I'm also wondering whether it's possible it could just be a fuse? I know nothing about cars...

Finally, is there any way I can bypass the mechanism/motor and adjust them manually, just so it can pass the MOT?

Thank you all.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 4:34pm
The headlight control system is the same no matter what headlights are fitted, I doubt changing the headlight unit would rectify the problem. you have two motor for each headlight, you may do worse than consult an auto electrician, I would also be surprised if both controllers had failed.

Why no download the free electronic service manual from this site and have a read.
 Post Reply Post Reply