Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Loss Of Power - Indicators

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SPOOK4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 Loss Of Power - Indicators
    Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 11:05am
Topic: P12 rear light removal *now with simple earth fix*
    Fix Posted: 14 Aug 2008 at 12:18am

Troops

I was experiencing loss of power initially when I was negotiating roundabouts. On the rare occasions I ventured onto the Dual-Cariageways or motorway it was also a scary experience loing power when overtaking , again using the indicator arm to signal right to change lanes.

Fuel pump, alternator, air intake, bad fuel mix, who knows , I'm not a mechanic.  However basically if I needed  bit power to maneouvre it wasn't here and the car started pulsing (or kangarooing) as we used to call it back in the day.

Thanks to a NPOC post from 2008, which I read a couple of years ago I got a step by step fix with pictures that I took to my local garage and 10 minutes later, fixed, tested and working again. Earthing problem gone

Many thanks to this Forum  

timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 11:46am
Pleased you got it sorted and that you were able to find the information yourselfThumbs Up
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 3:05pm
good to hear you got your problems fixed, and thanks for coming back and letting us know. Clap
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
rishdog2010 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rishdog2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 6:04pm
Hi i recently came across this forum looking for a solution as i too have a similar fault regarding a loss of power while using my indicator specifically while turning left, as when i use my right indicator the car is fine as it only seems to happen as i use the left! entering or exiting circles and or carridgeways, i too have had similar kangeroo style effects when the car is in motion. I read that it may be down to a faulty relay or an earthing problem? i too am not a mechanic and have been to my nissan dealer to which they scratched there heads and told me to repace the front left indicator bulb to which there was no change. If you have a soloution which may help i would kindly appreciate it thanks. kind regards rish.
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 6:21pm
SPOOK4 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SPOOK4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 7:53am
Originally posted by imckay imckay wrote:

Welcome to NPOC Rishi

Welcome Rishi

I found the above posted link worked perfectly , in fact I printed it off and took it to my local garage and they fixed it within 10 minutes. It is so simple they didn't even charge me for parts or labour.

You could do it your self if you have a simple soldering iron but like you I am not mechanically minded.

good luckSmile
SPOOK4 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SPOOK4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 7:55am
Rishi

see link below

works well Clap
McBain View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McBain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 2:49pm
Hi I am about to try the Earth fix because my car has lost power and does not climb above 3000 rpm.I understand you use a ring terminal to attach to the bolt that holds the light in place but where exactly does the wire go into the lighting element/circuit? 
Jigsawmiss View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jigsawmiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 4:41pm
Thank you so much for this fix . I have had 2 years worth of woe over this power loss. I couldnt figure it out at first and wasted money on local garages misdiagnosing the fault. Fuel additives . mass airflow meters, spark plugs but still a car that took the joy out of motoring .
     Wasnt till recently I noticed the propblem was linked to lights being used .
    Just done this little fix and A M A Z I N G ! ! Runs like a dream . Thank you so much !   
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 9:38pm
Hi Jigsawmiss. Welcome to NPOC.  Handshake  Some cost involved there.  Ouch
But at least you got sorted in the end.  Well done to you. Thumbs Up 
Roy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>