Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12, power lock died

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petterg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12, power lock died
    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 9:39pm
Today, when I pressed unlock on the remote, the lights flashed as they should, but non of the doors got unlocked. The trunk, however, got unlocked. And the light between the front seats that indicates doors locked, went out.
I unlocked using the key hole i drivers door. Then I tried the unlock button between the front seats - nothing.
I opened all doors using the inside handle, closed them, pressed lock, and they all locked.
I tried unlock again, the same thing happened - just the lights flashed, doors were still locked. I tried several times. Same thing.

When I got home tonight, I tried again. Several times. After I had pressed the inside button, lock-unlock-lock-unlock... quickly, I guess 5ish times each, the button stopped responding. I've heard that if you press the remote buttons too many times within a short period of time, it will stop working. I think that was what happened, but I'm surprised this applied to the inside button as well. So, I waited a while. When I tried again, the unlock worked! And it kept working.

(My car is set to unlock all doors when the remote button is pressed.)

What did actually happen here? Did I happen to find the solution to the problem, or was it just by random that the problem went away?
Why did this problem show up in the first place?
I suspected maybe a broken cable could be the cause, and looking at the circuit diagram, there is one place where all doors has a common cable - the one coming from pin 52 on the Smart Entrance Control Unit. But if this cable was broken, wouldn't the problem apply to lock not unlock? As far as I can tell, there is no place after the SECU that is common to all door for unlock. (Drivers door circuit is separate from the other doors.)
petterg View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petterg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 3:06pm
It happened again! I accidentally pressed the lock button in the center console while driving. Doors locked. When I pressed unlock, the doors did not respond. I did press lock-unlock 5 times while still driving, but there were no response to the unlock. Then when I had parked and turned engine off, the unlock worked.
petterg View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petterg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 8:59pm
This issue kept happening several times a week. At some point I managed to accidentally delete the key programming and had to reprogram the key using a spare key. After the reprogramming this issue has not occurred again.
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 9:08pm
Did you reprogram both keys or just the spare one ?
Roy
petterg View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petterg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 12:41am
Just the main key got deleted. (I wanted to see if setting the key to only open drivers door when unlock is pressed once. As I couldn't find the howto for this change, I just tried how I thought it was: Hold unlock while pressing lock 3 times. It turns out that this was the code for the key to delete it self.)

When programming keys without counsult-II you need to program all keys. Once you enter programming mode all keys are deleted and those keys you don't program will remain as deleted after you've finished.
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 12:55am
Try  this.  Thumbs Up

Roy
petterg View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petterg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 11:35am
I think you're trying to push this thread in the wrong direction, Roy.

The problem is back!
As I've now coded the key to unlock drivers door only on first click, and all doors on second click, I got an interesting observation. When the problem occurred it did unlock the drivers door on first click. But it did not unlock the other doors on second click. However, after opening the drivers door, then close it, lock and unlock all, it did unlock all doors. Maybe the vibrations of closing the door made it work.

Looking at the schematics it doesn't make sense that it would make a difference which mode the key is set to. Prior to changing the unlock mode of the key fob, it would make sense to say it was a bad connection on pin 52 of the Smart Entrance Control Unit. Or a relay inside the Smart Entrance Control Unit that should pull pin 52 to ground as default state. But if that was the case, the problem should affect all doors independent of key fob mode. Guess I'll wait for another occurrence of this issue...

Has anyone been able to recode a Smart Entrance Control Unit from a donor car?

Post Reply Post Reply