Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan primera p12 QR20DE idle and steering

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan primera p12 QR20DE idle and steering
    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 7:03pm
Hello ewrybody.
Trying to fix my idle and steering problems. When is cold outside the idle goes up and down and engine shuts Off if i dont give it little gas .when warm up it idles fine. I Hope it's not the case of streched cam chain.
Steering. The car have been 3times on 2 different workshops on wheel alligment. Test result shows it's on the right measurements but the car wants to pull on the right side of the road. Is there somekind steering angle learning for p12. No obd2 fault codes appear. Car is driven
240 000 km.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 7:46pm
Hi and welcome to the forum.Handshake

Have you checked the free movement of you wheels to ensure there is no binding of the brakes?
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 11:06pm
Hi Jussi. Welcome to NPOC. Handshake  You can try what Ash has said 1st, then if they are ok, you could try  swapping your wheels around. Left side to Right and Right side to Left or Front wheels to the Rear and Rear wheels to the Front. Thumbs Up
Roy
CarSpyTV View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarSpyTV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 1:52am

Excellent suggestions above. If it’s not:

• brakes, e.g. sticky caliper

• wheels, e.g. poor balance

• tyres, e.g. incorrect pressure

it might be worth checking the suspension. Something might be heavily worn or damaged. Did, for example, the problem start immediately after you hit a pothole? Or did it develop over weeks?

Presumably, the car pulls all the time rather than only on a particular road (or as you brake). It might be interesting to check the tyres. How evenly they wear can tell a story. Good luck.

CarSpyTV. Join the fun at YouTube. Buying, driving, maintaining, and selling cars - because it's interesting!
JPM View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 10:29am
Thanks fo the replys but no brake binding and swapping tyres doesen'help.tire pressures was normal.
New founding. temp gage needle is below the center line when engine is warm can this affect my bad idleing?
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 11:45am
Temp gauge is where it is supposed to be. Are you sure when you are aware of it pulling to the side you are not on a cambered road? What happens when the steering wheel is held very lightly under braking?
JPM View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 5:14pm
Shock absorbers are all good and tyres is Brand new. Yes I need to check the braking on speed
JPM View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 6:25pm
New check. Loose front left dog bone and rear tilt stabilaser rubbers. After fixing those it helped litlebit the pulling issue. What comes to the bad warm up idle i think i heard loud hissing noise back of the intake manifold it meybe cracked!?. And fuel trims are short 0% long 10%. Any thoughts about fuel trims?
JPM View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2019 at 7:03pm
And oil leaking valve cover. Is there somekind possiblity to un measurement air to go in and mess up fueltrims?.eny thoughts?. Sorry my bad english and thanks for you all replyes
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2019 at 8:48pm
Have you a strong smell of fuel,  would check you fuel lines and air hoses, breathers.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>