Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NIssan Primera P12 Warning buzzer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBarragan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NIssan Primera P12 Warning buzzer
    Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 6:31am
Good day, I am RBarragan and I drive a Nissan Primera WP12 with the following problem: 
After starting the engine, the warning buzzer is beeping continuosly, everything is working good, seat belts, doors, lights, not any alarm or warning light in the panel dash and also I have checked with an OBD tester and not any fault. My Primera WP12 was dated on November 2004 (Post-facelift) and I would like to know where is located such buzzer warning to be disconnected, I will turn crazy. Any idea or suggestion in this matter will be highly appreciated. Thanks. 
RBarragan
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 7:21am
Welcome to NPOC,

On the Post Facelift it looks like the Buzzer is inside the SECU (Body Control Module)
On the Pre Facelift it is an external Buzzer that a few owners have removed.

This is a Pre Facelift (no Buzzer that I can see) but will give you an idea where the SECU is.

https://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-p12-interior-lights-secu-diy-fix_topic44536.html

The SECU is paired with the ECU. One from another Car will not work unless recoded by Nissan.
RBarragan View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBarragan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 9:08am
Thanks a lot Imckay for your quick reply.
My car is a Post-facelift and I will check inside the SECU if some component is the buzzer.
All the best.
RBarragan
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 12:20pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake
have you a tow bar fitted?
Why not try the earth fix it resolves a lot of electrical gremlins

RBarragan View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBarragan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 5:24am
Good day. Yes my car has a tow bar fitted and I have disconnected the by-pass relay being the tow socket inoperative. Additionally I have fitted additional earth fix to both rear lights. After do it, no succes and the buzzer continues all time non-stop beeping. 
Any other idea.
Thanks & rgds.
RBarragan
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 7:30am
Buzzing with the Tow Bar is usually only when you indicate (Turn Light)
It is meant to remind you that you are towing when turning.

There have been a few reports of buzzing when indicating even with no Tow Bar.
The system uses current draw to decide you have a Trailer attached and buzzes when turning.
I have seen a fix where the Indicators are fed via a Relay powered by the Boot Light, this reduced the current enough to stop the Buzzing when indicating.

Have you fitted any non-standard Bulbs or wired anything else to the Lights?
It may be worth fitting a new set of Bulbs.
RBarragan View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBarragan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 5:41am
My car started to buzzing 3 months ago when using side indicator lights. After read in the forum, similar cases, I disconnected the by-pass relay and improved rear lights with new wire earth and new bulbs, OK, but since last week, the buzzer is sound continuosly starting from low intensity to high intensity. To drive in this condition is crazy, believe me and this is why I want to know where the buzzer is fitted in order to cut it and send it to the hell.
Thanks & Rgds.
RBarragan
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 7:47am
I think you need to open the SECU and look for the Buzzer

Some fixes for the Buzzing when indicating on the Russian Primera Club
https://www.primera-club.ru/f/elektrooborudovanie-p12/15267-pisk-pri-vklyuchenii-povorotnika/
Use Google Translate. Not too bad in English

Not sure if any will help if you now have constant buzzing.

Let us know how you get on.
Good Luck !
Estyfort View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Estyfort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 10:16am
I don't think there's a buzzer in the SECU; rather the buzzing sound is controlled by the SECU, and in this instance is indicative of a circuit malfunction. The noise maybe muted using Nissan Consult. The buzzer seems to be located somewhere under the steering wheel on the left-hand side, though another appears to be in the dashboard behind the combination meter. The other solution is to have the SECU replaced, sadly with its attendant costs.
RBarragan View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBarragan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 5:35am
I suspect a malfunction of the microswitch (if exists) of the boot door because yesterday in the morning when I started the car  there is not buzzing but in the evening I had to open the boot door and the buzzer started again. Any other idea?

Thanks
RBarragan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>