Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera Window fallen into door panel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by diesveld diesveld wrote:

I had a similar problem. One runner had come loose from the window and both runners were partly broken, i.e. the plastic grip around the metal rail had broken off. The wire had not snapped, but did come loose from the runners. Nissan garage gave me a estimate of 400€.
I used the manual to get at these parts, repaired the missing grips on the runners by bolting a metal replacement on it, acting as grip.
Total costs:
- 1 hour work
- 1,86€ for the bolts, screws and metal strips.

I have pictures but cannot upload then at the moment (moderator?)

I

posting photos

diesveld View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diesveld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 1:03pm
Here are the pictures of a 400€ saving operation. Btw: I did this in September 2011, so 4 months of operation now.

Assembly dismantled, wooden stick to temp. holf window in place

Metal strip and 2 bolts repair runner, front view

side view

The cause of all problems glued back on

ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 9:20pm
top work mate...good to see, and cheers for sharing
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
gillic View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gillic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 12:48am
My P12 driver's side window failed this morning after I had it down to quickly wipe my door mirror. Should know better after being sub-zero overnight- as feared one of the 2 window grips had come off with the attached track runner broken off like 'diesveid' and the cables tangled around the regulator roller- when I got to the inside panel.
Anyway, the FSM from the forum was a great help- albeit my 05MY is slightly different because the change on the door pull style, so had to remove the door switch pack, to access the bolt on the centre bracket before I can finally remove the door casing.
Whilst waiting for the replacement parts from flea Bay, I am hoping, if anyone can comment on the caution stated at the end of the chapter in the FSM on 'Front Dr Glass & Regulator' on page GW-76 & 77 - where a reset procedure should be carried out after parts replacement- by raising the glass to top and bottom dead centre, whilst pressing down on a 'limit switch' within the motor- should this topic is still being followed.
My concern is that I can't see this switch on my 05MY motor. Am I not looking in the right place or is this no longer neccessary on post 04MY models?

Window winder motor viewed in installed condition:

No visible switch anywhere on motor:

Thanks

DarraghR View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarraghR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2016 at 11:57am
Can someone please tell me how to remove the power cable for the motor. Trying to remove clips/tacks that are holding the regulator onto the panel too

Brianfcross View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brianfcross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 8:23am
Can you tell us how to get the p12 door panel off please. The window is half up. Don’t care if it never works
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 8:38am
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 8:40am
Welcome to NPOC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsqhW4s4V1M&ab_channel=peugeotCitroen2CV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5Em7Voh37o&ab_channel=SabriTERKENL%C4%B0
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brianfcross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 9:07am
Thank you
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brianfcross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 10:10am
Got the panel off, how does the electric window connector come off? Thanks Jackie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>