Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Not technically new, but kinda new

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not technically new, but kinda new
    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 at 7:24pm
Howdy! I've been registered here for awhile and used to frequent the site, but that kinda tapered off as life got busy and my car tinkering faded. I've had a P10 of the Infiniti G20 variety for the last 18 years. Had a 1993.5 for the first 3 years, and have had a 1995 for the last 15 years. That one has an SR20DET and numerous other upgrades, but the body is pretty aged at this point. I recently acquired a 1995 Primera Autech, and thus the renewed interest in all things P10. I'm back on here now and look forward to seeing everyone again. Looking mainly for the RHD Primera FSM at the moment, so I'll tootle on over to that part of the forum. Can't remember if I need to upgrade to a member or not, but I can hopefully figure it all out. Thanks!
ahmed bossman View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ahmed bossman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2020 at 7:46pm
hi and welcome,

im really jealous of that Autech kit, they look very smart!
'98 DR2 Green Primera P11 GT - Track car
'98 AJ4 Flame Red Primera P11 GT
2014 Blue Vw Move Up! - Track Car
2009 Milano Red Honda Accord ES GT

Insta : @ahmed.bossman

Youtube : shorturl.at/glzWY
trbobrk View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trbobrk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2020 at 4:30am
Originally posted by Nelson Nelson wrote:

Looking mainly for the RHD Primera FSM at the moment, so I'll tootle on over to that part of the forum.

Do you need something specific?

JDM FSMs are different than the English versions they produce for the US market.  I've started collecting them, but no where complete as different sections come in different books.
Nelson View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2020 at 7:48am
Howdy Colin! Nothing really specific for now, just trying to get as much info as I can to prepare myself for the inevitable repair job. Mainly looking for things that are different between the RHD/LHD versions, as I'm mostly ok with the US stuff. Grabbed the P10 FSM from here and it looks to be the same as ours, so I guess that won't help. I saw a 1990-1995 Haynes manual come up today on eBay. I figured that's probably UK-specific, so at least RHD, but maybe not totally comprehensive.

Are the JDM FSMs the ones with the purple and white cover? I've seen those for sale but wasn't sure what they were.
trbobrk View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trbobrk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2020 at 6:16pm
There are "new car manuals"  I'm not sure what info they have, it it is general info that is also in the owners manual or something more.  I've considered buying a set because I've seen all of them for all years as a package for only $150, instead of $40ea, but I'm still warming up to the idea of spending that much on a book I'll read once.

Then there are "maintenance manuals" which have most of what you would expect, but not comprehensive.  I have 91 and 93. because I have a 91 and 93.  or did.  the 93 is gone now and I have a 94 but close enough.

Wiring diagrams are a separate book. I still don't have any of them.  I really should though cause that is 99% of what I care about.

Then there are separate books for gearboxes, transferases, steering rack, etc.  I don't have any of those but I also don't have any interest in fixing such items.
Nelson View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 4:23am
Gotcha. Yeah I figure they are similar enough that I should be ok. I did find that Haynes manual as a PDF, so I grabbed that. It doesn't look super helpful either, but helps figure out how to take stuff apart and put it back together again. I've already taken a P10 apart and back together again a number of times, but most of that was 10-15 years ago, so it'll be good to have for reference anyway. My memory absolutely sucks.

I suppose the main thing I need is a place to find any parts that are different than what I'm used to, but between you as a reference and fitinpart.sg, I hopefully have it covered. Ended up ordering a clutch cable and a few other maintenance things from them a month ago and it got here the other day. They let you put in a VIN to determine the parts that fit, so that will help me a bunch in not ordering wrong parts.
 Post Reply Post Reply