Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old member finally with a Primera

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old member finally with a Primera
    Posted: 12 May 2021 at 8:23pm
Now then,

I've been a member of this forum for years, albeit not active. I've never owned a Primera up until now but I joined along with a friend Chris Campbell (Supraboy was his username if memory serves) back around 10 years ago as he owned a Primera when we first passed our tests and I was hoping to get one.

I've been on the lookout for a P10 Saloon for years but due to their increasing rarity. I was resigned to the fact I'd either have to import one from Japan or Europe. When then.... one cold, dark night I found myself left unsupervised... and on car & classic!

And there it was, ready for the taking. A 1991 2.0 GS on a H reg. No mot since 2009 and on 140k, she will definitely need some work to get her back to her former glory. Luckily, the car belonged to a fellow Primera enthusiast who had owned a couple of eGT's in the past and so, has had the sills and rear arches taken care of a few years ago. The car has at some point been undersealed to high heaven and am told it has been garaged most of the time since then which I think may have kept the worst of it away.

After poking around underneath every thing seems solid for the most part, nothing crunchy as yet. Will peel back the carpets tomorrow though and have a closer look from the inside. There will be some, I just need to find it. There is some bubbling around the rear window but not much and one of the front wings, this will be addressed in time!

As for plans with the car, I'm hoping to turn this into a fast road/track car but not solely focussed on either one. I want to do track days as I enjoy doing them, but I also want to enjoy a b-road blast. It's easy to go too far down the track route and make them unpleasant to drive on UK roads.

Here are some pictures. I will create a build thread with more in the future!!!

Cheers guys.
Fletch

roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 9:35pm
Hi Fletch. Welcome back.  Handshake  your car looks the part, thats for sure.  Thumbs Up
Roy
Fletch View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 8:23am
Cheers Roy, I’m very happy with what I got that’s for sure!
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 8:38am
Good luck with your restoration, I had a P10 in that colour, best car I ever owned, just wait until you can drive itThumbs Up
Fletch View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 8:56am
Nice! Thank you, I think it will be a low burner but eventually, I’m sure it’ll be fantastic!
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 9:58am
Hello mate and welcome back :)

You've been a member for 13 years haha, you took your time in finally bagging a Primera but it looks to have been worth the wait - Nice Ten!

Did you ever appear at a Club Meet with Chris? I remember seeing him a couple of times I think.

Enjoy the forums and take care,
Shaun
Fletch View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 10:04am
Hi Shaun,

I know, I know haha! The best things sometimes take the longest time eh!

I definitely will have appear within Chris at a couple of JAE meets back on the day yes!

Cheers Shaun
Fletch View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Fletch Fletch wrote:

I definitely will have appear within Chris at a couple of JAE meets back on the day yes!

Oops! Deffo didn’t appear ‘within’ Chris haha (yikes), but yes will have attended with him at some point!
schwen View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 8:56pm
Welcome back!

Nice to see another single point injected in top conditions.

Loving the oem headunit!
P10 Army - G20.net MOTM April ´09 - NPOC.co.uk COTM April ´11
Fletch View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 10:19pm
Thank you! Yeah the badge on the car says GS, but according to the V5 and I guess the single point, it's a GSi. Who knew. The head unit is a nice touch but will probably replaced by a more modern unit at some point!! Doesn't seem to work all too well, nor does the electric ariel Unhappy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>