Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

P12 alarm keeps going off.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ume786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: P12 alarm keeps going off.
    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 2:45pm
Hi all, I have an issue with my 2004 for Nissan Primera 2.0 SVE.
My alarm randomly goes off. And I needed some help to sort it out. I have cleaned all the latches on the boot and doors I've tried to make sure everything is clean where the sensors potentially are. That does not seem to work I'm just wondering if I have missed anything. Or if there is an underlying problem it seems like a fairly normal occurrence on these vehicles and I'm trying to get to the bottom of it. Can anyone help.

Umar
Managedspeed View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Managedspeed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 4:58pm
I have had this.  If your vehicle is parked in the vicinity of high intensity electromagnetic signals, radio, radars etc then this can be the source of the problem.  In my case, the telephone conversation with a dealers service technician was along the lines of,
 'whereabouts are you?'
"Just outside Gatwick airport"
'Oh, that will be it then (explanation), move the car away from the airport'
"Difficult, I'm a pilot and I drive 2 hours here to work, but I hear what you say, thanks"

I pulled the fuses (one inside, one under the bonnet) for the alarm, and once the back-up battery in the sounder had exhausted......peace.

I'd actually forgotten that I had done this until I read your post!  Anyway, it might be a possibility & worth a try.  I worked on the basis that it was not a particularly attractive vehicle to nick!LOL  I still have the car (love it).  It was at this point I realised that the reason so very many car alarms go off in airport car parks has little to do with noise & vibration, but much more to do with 'electrical noise'!
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 6:40pm
Is your car battery good, I believe the alarms are sensitive to voltage drops, 
CarSpyTV View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarSpyTV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 6:42pm
You can deactivate the internal sensors with the ignition key. The owner's manual explains how. 

That might be an easy thing to try first. 

CarSpyTV. Join the fun at YouTube. Buying, driving, maintaining, and selling cars - because it's interesting!
ume786 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ume786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 9:43pm
Thanks guys I'll try out these ideas. I'll go for a new battery first because my old is old.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 10:46pm
Just give it a damn good charge and see if it goes off in the short term, if you get a little respite that may indicate the battery
ahmed bossman View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahmed bossman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 10:49pm
hi and welcome

in the past i had this on my last P11 GT, the alarm would randomly go off,
in the end, i just disconnected the alarm plug from the back in the boot and that done the job,

ofc that disables your alarm but was the easiest temporary fix...

if its something like a fly is inside the car an it letting the alarm off, you can disable the ultrasonic sensors inside from arming the alarm...

hope this helps

thanks

'98 DR2 Green Primera P11 GT - Track car
'98 AJ4 Flame Red Primera P11 GT
2014 Blue Vw Move Up! - Track Car
2009 Milano Red Honda Accord ES GT

Insta : @ahmed.bossman

Youtube : shorturl.at/glzWY
 Post Reply Post Reply