Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 LH low beam not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote power of mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 LH low beam not working
    Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 1:37pm
Hi,

Recently high beam light appeared on my dash so I checked if I have high beams turned on, apparently, I didn't... So I went around the car and checked the lights. Noticed that LH (driver side) Europe, not UK. the low beam was not working, however, the switch was working fine it let me switch to high beams and now both headlights are glowing. The icon remains on the dash whether I have lights on it just shows that I have high beams. 

What has been done so far:

Bought a new bulb though I have never seen this issue even with a dead bulb. Issue persists

Checked the 15A fuses for the beams and they are also fine. 

Has anyone had a similar problem with their primeras?
power of mad View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote power of mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 3:34pm
Update, now neither of low or high beams works on left side headlight, checked with the electrics lamp and found out that both of high and low beams contacts give positive current, that is the reason why they don't light up but where exactly is the problem still no idea... I cant find where the wires from the bulb contacts go further, wires are quite short and they disappear inside the headlight...
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 7:36am
If you have positive, the problem may be with the ground?

Do you have the Service Manual?
https://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-factory-service-manuals_topic29493.html

Good Electrical diagrams

Do you have Daytime Lights? They are not on the UK Cars.
power of mad View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote power of mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 8:45am
Thanks for the reply. I have the manual. The issue was corroded E10 ground nearby. I have fixed the issue by cleaning the wires 
 Post Reply Post Reply