Print Page | Close Window

Nissan Primera P11 GT how many left on the roads?

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: Nissan Primera Help & Queries
Forum Discription: NON Paying Members Q&A Section
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=29125
Printed Date: 23 Apr 2024 at 4:57pm

Topic: Nissan Primera P11 GT how many left on the roads?
Posted By: Nismohks
Subject: Nissan Primera P11 GT how many left on the roads?
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2009 at 1:21pm
Lately i have seen a fair few P11 GT's being scrapped or sold for parts.
Just wondering if anyone knew how many P11 GT are still on the roads including special editions.

-------------
Black 1999 P11 GT LE

Replies:
Posted By: leighzx
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2009 at 1:31pm

Too many, lol!!!!

-------------
Probably The Best Primera In The World!

http://www.mybannermaker.com" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Palmer_Autos
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2009 at 1:46pm

More than Mk2 golf GTI's. I very rarly see a mk2 golf gti anymore.

-------------
Now a proud owner of a Red P11 Primera GT LE (Last of the GT's).
My Weekend car is an abf 16v VW Mk2 golf toy thing!!
R.I.P dad, you are never forgotten!!
If it has tits or tyres it's trouble!!!

Posted By: col_welsh1986
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2009 at 1:58pm
I've got 3 of the p11 gt's Tongue

And im sure ant-dat can add to this LOL

-------------

Posted By: Ant-Dat
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2009 at 2:02pm
we could ask as a club to DVLA for figures, but it only counts tehc ar that have road tax (and maybe sorn)

-------------

SB "he isn't human, he is a machine that never falter

Posted By: col_welsh1986
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2009 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Ant-Dat Ant-Dat wrote:

we could ask as a club to DVLA for figures, but it only counts tehc ar that have road tax (and maybe sorn)

+ 1 cos then I could get a guideline of how many more i have to choose from LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2009 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by col_welsh1986 col_welsh1986 wrote:

+ 1 cos then I could get a guideline of how many more i have to choose from LOL

LOL
we have doen it in the past for teh datsun owners club, and managed to get it down to models, not sure if they still can do it.
would be intersting though.

-------------

Posted By: James
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2009 at 2:25pm
Sent them an email :)

-------------
@itsnotavolvo

Posted By: Stevie-Boy
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2009 at 2:27pm
For a car that would seem to be in high numbers, I rarely see one on the roads.

-------------
2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Member of the Month: Jan 2014
ex P11 Si, P11 GT, P11-144 Sport+, P11 GT Turbo, P11-144 Wagon, Subaru Legacy B4 RSK, 350z, Type R

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2009 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by James James wrote:

did you ask for GT? or Primera's (be as well getting all the data rather than just P11's GT)

also rememebr the the GT will incluse the LE,s and SE as there is nothing to split them for DVLA records

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2009 at 2:36pm

did you ask for GT? or Primera's (be as well getting all the data rather than just P11's GT)

also rememebr the the GT will incluse the LE,s and SE as there is nothing to split them for DVLA records

Here's what i said:
To: foi@dvla.gsi.gov.uk
Subject: FOI Request

file:///C:%5CUsers%5CJAMESH%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml -

file:///C:%5CUsers%5CJAMESH%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml - Hi there,

file:///C:%5CUsers%5CJAMESH%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml -  

file:///C:%5CUsers%5CJAMESH%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml - I’m writing to ask if if you could answer a question a few of us have on the Nissan Primera Owners Club.

file:///C:%5CUsers%5CJAMESH%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml - How many “Nissan Primera GT” models are there left on the road (and SORNed if possible).

file:///C:%5CUsers%5CJAMESH%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml - Variations of the name could include “Primera GTLE”, “Primera GT LE”, “Primera GT SE”  and “Primera GTSE”.

file:///C:%5CUsers%5CJAMESH%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml - Many thanks in advance!

file:///C:%5CUsers%5CJAMESH%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml - Kind regards,

file:///C:%5CUsers%5CJAMESH%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml - James.

file:///C:%5CUsers%5CJAMESH%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml -   file:///C:%5CUsers%5CJAMESH%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml - The information contained in this electronic correspondence and any files transmitted with it is intended for the addressee only and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the addressee please delete this message and notify the sender; you should not copy or distribute this message or disclose its contents to anyone.

-------------
@itsnotavolvo

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2009 at 2:39pm
yer we found getting exact model details was harder than asking for the complete range.
we then broke it down our selfs to models

-------------

Posted By: Omnislash
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2009 at 8:21pm
Sweet that will be interesting if they deliver. I have seen about 3 in my area since I got mine in November. I like that fact there rare though. One of the reasons I went for it. Id hate to just have another 'Ford focus' if you know what I mean.

Posted By: jeffthro
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2009 at 9:54pm
Would be very interesting. Since I got my ginga in October, I've only seen TWO others in the 8-9 months, and I do watch out for others, but see very few. Looking at other members locations, the central south does seem a bit thin on Prims!

-------------
RIP, My old friend TAZ. You are in the loving care of Grim now, may you rest in pieces.

Posted By: p11sr20
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2009 at 9:56pm
IIRC someone on AOC managed to get details of how many N15 GTi's were still on the road

-------------

" rel="nofollow - - Click Here For My COTM Feature - Feb 2010

Posted By: johnbr6
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 1:36am
Wander if that Ginger SE hatch with the GT engine from the factory will be classed as a GT on the records???

-------------
P11 SRi

Posted By: Gaygle
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 12:43pm
I have only seen about 6 or 7 since i got mine 2 years ago.

Posted By: sprint
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 4:25pm
number of p11 GT's will still be suprisingly high i reckon, not a common site but still see them around on a near enough daily basis around here, and have seen plenty on my travels as well.

about to send them an email for eZX's and eGT's now, be interesting to compare the 2 as there both a rare site now, AFAIK the only 2 around here are on my drive, hardly ever see them on the roads either.

-------------
1991 H eZX - standard minter
1992 J eGT - sr20ve
1992 J eZX 4x4 Turbo

Posted By: Mad Maru
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 4:33pm
There will probably me more of the "so-called" higher spec ones surviving but as long as they are Prims its a good thing in my book?

-------------

Posted By: StonyRay
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 5:00pm

-------------

I like my cars like I like my women, big and from the 80's

Posted By: Hughes_16
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 7:18pm
GT's are everywhere in rochdale. I see loads on a week.

Posted By: Marc T
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 4:18pm
Don't see all that many up here oddly. Was a pain in the backside trying to find one for sale!

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 3:11pm
It's on the way...

Quote Dear Mr Harland,

Freedom of information request

Thank you for your request for information.  Your request was received on 15 July 2009 and I am dealing with it under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000.

If you have any queries about this letter, please contact me, quoting the above reference number in any future communications.

Yours sincerely

Mark Truelove
Corporate Management Services

-------------
@itsnotavolvo

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 7:14pm
Sweet. Saw my 4th primera gt today since i got mine in november. Getting common round here now. LOL

Posted By: GaryeGT
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 8:00pm
ive only ever seen 1 GT primera in person, but have seen 3 for sale here in ROI. never seen another eGT or eZX at all, only ever heard stories of 2, one from a previous owner, and 1 from a drunk lad lol

-------------

Posted By: moogymum
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 8:17pm
i haven't seen any in Torbay since i've had Arthur.

Be kindof of nice to see one at least.

-------------
http://www.mybannermaker.com/link.php?nurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mybannermaker.com%2F">

Smile n wave boys smile n wave

Posted By: GaryeGT
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 9:11pm
tis kind of mad to think tho, all this chat about primeras etc, but doesnt it feel like thayre not all that rare.....

-------------

Posted By: Blue
Date Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 11:51am

It's on the way...

Quote Dear Mr Harland,

Thank you for your request for information.  Your request was received on 15 July 2009 and I am dealing with it under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000.

If you have any queries about this letter, please contact me, quoting the above reference number in any future communications.

Yours sincerely

Mark Truelove

Good work there James, be interesting to see the resultsThumbs%20Up

-------------

Posted By: bricktop
Date Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 5:29pm
I have never seen a arctic white saloon. For sale or on the road. Seen a few white hatches though. Infact in general most of the P11's I see are hatches which is a shame.

Posted By: Swiper
Date Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by bricktop bricktop wrote:

I have never seen a arctic white saloon. For sale or on the road. Seen a few white hatches though. Infact in general most of the P11's I see are hatches which is a shame.
there was one on pistonheads a couple of weeks ago.

-------------

Posted By: keith h
Date Posted: 19 Jul 2009 at 12:37am

Hello all, saw quite a number of GT,s in the Lakes during a recent holiday.I looked at a  T plated black hatch in Coniston, standard in good super condition. My son told me it was a Glasgow reg. I have seen quite a few around the Cramlington & surrounding area. Regards Keith h

-------------
quicksilver

Posted By: Clemo
Date Posted: 19 Jul 2009 at 7:13pm
I know there is one less as i scrapped one sadly. Sorry guysCry

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2009 at 5:06pm
Dear me, so much for "Freedom" of information...

Quote Dear Mr Harland,

Your request was received on 15 July 2009 and I am dealing with it under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA). In your email you asked how many "Nissan Primera GT" models are there left on the road.

I can confirm that DVLA holds information falling within the description specified in your request within its databases. However, we estimate that the cost of collating the information would exceed the appropriate limit of £600.

Section 12 of the FOI Act exempts the DVLA from complying with a request where the cost in determining whether we hold the information, and locating, retrieving and extracting the information exceeds £600.

This represents the estimated cost of one person spending 3.5 days (or 24 hours) costed at £25.00 per hour. This costing is set out in the Freedom of Information and Data Protection (Appropriate Limit and Fees) Regulations 2004.

However, DVLA has commercial selling agents to whom we sell anonymised data.  They may be able to help you with your request.  I have provided a list of them at Appendix A.  There will probably be a charge for any data they supply.

I would like to advise you that it may be possible for DVLA to provide the information requested at a later date due to the implementation of new IT systems, thereby bringing the cost of doing so below the appropriate limit. At present we have no exact date of implementation but we do estimate the go-live date would be around September 2009.

If you are unhappy with the decisions made by this Agency in relation to your request, you may ask for an internal review. If you wish to complain, you should write to Mark Truelove, CMS, C3 East, DVLA, Longview Road, Morriston, Swansea, SA6 7JL, or by email, mark.truelove@dvla.gsi.gov.uk.

If you are not content with the outcome of the internal review, you have the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. Please see attached details of the complaints procedure and your right to complain to the Information Commissioner.

If you have any queries about this letter, please contact me. Please remember to quote the reference above in any future communications.

Yours sincerely

Ashley Crompton
I've asked them for a more general output, for example just a list of all Primeras!

-------------
@itsnotavolvo

Posted By: jonhutson
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2009 at 6:18pm
Intestering reponse James.

Well done in getting a response for starters.

You coud maybe challanging them on this:

This represents the estimated cost of one person spending 3.5 days (or 24 hours) costed at £25.00 per hour. This costing is set out in the Freedom of Information and Data Protection (Appropriate Limit and Fees) Regulations 2004.

As the above does not seem reflective of a well organised (cough!) database the DVLA are supposed to have.

Any tech spod (no offence intended) would be able to get the results extracted from a database in a morning or afternoon, 4 hours work and 100quid.

There most be some sort of legal threat/challange that can be made against their claim, any Legal people here??

Terrible attempt by the DVLA to avoid doing anything!!

-------------
Nordic '99 GTLE

Posted By: dyp
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2009 at 6:52pm
oh they sell my anonymised data, hmm where is my cut. I think personnally they are pulling a fast one its not hard to interogate a database. they never have a problem when everyones road tax is due LOL

-------------

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/november-2009-dyp_topic34016.html" rel="nofollow - MY NPOC COTM NOV 2009 FEATURE

Posted By: **See Admin**
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2009 at 7:31pm
well i knew of one mystic i kept seeing around here but a fair few GT's though, and some clown with a copy one but thats a crap copy..........

oh and i have that mystic cos the other one if it was one has disapeared from radar in the spots i always saw it parked up regular

-------------

Posted By: ragt20
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2009 at 9:18pm
thought you'd get something like that being too specific, ie asking about GT's only...may have been worth trying just for Primeras...

suppose we'll have to wait till they get a better system, or there are so few prims about it won't take that long to find em all...doh

Date Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 12:33pm
I've asked them for a raw output of Primeras now so hopefully they will be able to accomodate that:
Quote Hi  there,

Thanks for the reply. I understand you've decided the time to research this would be in excess of the acceptable amount.

Would it be possible to just have a list of all Nissan Primeras on the road listed in a format such as

Nissan Primera GX - 110,000
Nissan Primera SLX - 90,000

Or just a raw data output of the make/models of Primera currently on the road?

Regards,
James Harland.

And yes, there is a complaints procedure, but I can imagine it's a long winded process:

Quote Your right to complain to DVLA and the Information Commissioner

You have the right to complain about the way in which your request for information was handled and/or about the decision not to disclose all or part of the information requested. In addition a complaint can be made that DVLA has not complied with its FOI publication scheme.

Your complaint will be acknowledged and you will be advised of a target date by which to expect a response. Initially your complaint will be re-considered by the official who dealt with your request for information. If, after careful consideration, that official decides that his/her decision was correct, your complaint will automatically be referred to a senior independent official who will conduct a further review. You will be advised of the outcome of your complaint and if a decision is taken to disclose information originally withheld this will be done as soon as possible.

If you are not content with the outcome of the internal review, you have the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:

Information Commissioner’s Office
 Wycliffe House
 Water Lane
 Wilmslow
 Cheshire
 SK9 5AF

Like people have said though, I know this information is available, my friend asked them how many March Superturbos there were on the roads a few years back and got a reply showing how many were taxed, and how many were SORNd!

-------------
@itsnotavolvo

Posted By: sprint
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 6:50pm
got the exact same reply today. will have to leave it til next week now as i have got uni work to do, but il see where i can get after that. other people can have the data so i dont see why we cant, and i know for a fact they have given other people the date broke down in to models etc.

-------------
1991 H eZX - standard minter
1992 J eGT - sr20ve
1992 J eZX 4x4 Turbo

Date Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 8:20pm
How could it possibly take someone 24hours to find out how many GTs there are on the road? I can understand it may not be as easy as a simple filter system but thats a stupid amount of time.

Posted By: p11sr20
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by p11sr20 p11sr20 wrote:

IIRC someone on AOC managed to get details of how many N15 GTi's were still on the road

forgot all about this but here you go

Quote There were 1545 Almera N15 GTi's produced in UK

there are now 1207 left on the road

the 338 Almera GTi's which are missing can be broken down here....

70 are registered off the road (SORN)
94 are under disposal
16 have been stolen and not found
11 have been exported
71 have been scrapped
7 have been seriously damaged
69 have never been licenced on the road

Taken from here -

http://www.almeraownersclub.net/showthread.php?t=14540 - http://www.almeraownersclub.net/showthread.php?t=14540

now how can they get all that info yet they won't give you the number of GT's on the road? Confused

-------------

" rel="nofollow - - Click Here For My COTM Feature - Feb 2010

Posted By: Quaily
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 9:52pm
Would it be feasible that one of the AOC actually works in the DVLA LOL

-------------
H492 WVV, R124 DPP, W609 CBW
Gone but never forgotten.

Posted By: Jim
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 9:55pm
I tried earlier this year for similar information on the Primera, but to the same result as many of you guys have come to.

They even offered me a list of companies that I could buy the information from!

Swines Pig

-------------

Posted By: GT786
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 9:58pm
looks like dvla just want to make some money out of this!

-------------

99 P11 GT Saloon KLO
99 P11 GTLE Hatchback AJ4

Posted By: Primera Dave
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 10:02pm
Shame how many nice almeras been scrapped etc. Waste!

-------------
Golf mk4 gti turbo. 3'' downpipe and de-cat, 2.75'' Jetex cat back, k&n induction kit and custom heat shield, 3'' intake, forge 007p dv, stage 1 190 Bhp map,Koni uprated shocks and h&r springs + more

Posted By: Nismohks
Date Posted: 30 Jul 2009 at 12:12pm
Damm i was really interested in seeing how rare my P11 GT is.
Well it does say they might be able to get the info later in the year when they get the new IT systems. So i guess we could try again at the end of the year, giving them a few months to get used to teh new system.

-------------
Black 1999 P11 GT LE

Date Posted: 30 Jul 2009 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Nismohks Nismohks wrote:

Well it does say they might be able to get the info later in the year when they get the new IT systems. So i guess we could try again at the end of the year, giving them a few months to get used to teh new system.
Sod that, I'm replying to their email at the end of September asking for it again LOL

-------------
@itsnotavolvo

Posted By: ragt20
Date Posted: 30 Jul 2009 at 8:07pm

Originally posted by Nismohks Nismohks wrote:

Sod that, I'm replying to their email at the end of September asking for it again LOL

next time ya contact them, mention the thread on the AOC...ie friend of yours got in touch with them from the AOC and got all the info wanted for nowt....the Primera is a similarly popular mota etc etc...and why can they get the info for nowt, but you have to pay...

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2009 at 1:24am
Will do mate, in fact I'll quote those figures so they know what format they were received in!

I've set a reminder on my MS Outlook calendar at work!

-------------
@itsnotavolvo

Posted By: WeatherWitch
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 11:46am
Originally posted by jonhutson jonhutson wrote:

Intestering reponse James.
Any tech spod (no offence intended) would be able to get the results extracted from a database in a morning or afternoon, 4 hours work and 100quid.

SELECT  COUNT(MODEL) FROM DATA
GROUP BY MODEL
HAVING MODEL LIKE 'NISSAN PRIMERA GT'

That was about 30 seconds to type! £600 pah!

Oops - does that make me a tech spod LOL

-------------
Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional!

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 1:08pm
SQL for the win Smile

-------------
@itsnotavolvo

Posted By: dennis
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 4:45pm
Ihave had my GT for about 7 years now, its Red year 1999 with about 120,000 miles. and live in Milton Keynes.

Print Page | Close Window