Print Page | Close Window

June 2005 - Shunky (P11)

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: 2005 Archive
Forum Discription: Winners from 2005
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3152
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 4:14pm

Topic: June 2005 - Shunky (P11)
Posted By: NPOC_COTM
Subject: June 2005 - Shunky (P11)
Date Posted: 16 Jun 2007 at 1:16am

Congratulations go to David (Shunky) for winning Car of the Month for June 2005.

His glorious GTLE is beautifully styled and packed with all manner of modifications, making it an obvious choice for Car of the Month.

Fantastic car David, how does it feel to win the award?

Erm, Crumble! Still a bit stunned to be honest!

Before we discuss the GTLE, can you tell us a bit about yourself?

Answer. Well I'm 35 yrs old, divorced and live on my own in Falkirk (obviously a past life crime!) and work in Grangemouth as a Warehouse manager and IT support for a company selling to the Oil and Petrochem industry. Current interests apart from cars and computers are kinda ziltch, but I have managed to amass 12 games consoles! I am either at work, Knockhill or at my mates garage helping him at night.

Is this your first Primera and how did you come to be united with this GTLE?

Yeh this is my first, having previously owned a MkV RS2000 I wanted another sporty mid sized car (only one that wasn't falling apart!), one that was reliable but fun, found this one in the Autotrader, the guy was selling up and moving abroad,  to him it was just a GT, I didn't know any better until I posted pics up here and Shaun (essNchill) pointed it out.

We know this isn't your first modified car, can tell us a bit about the kind of thing you've done before?

Jeez where do you start? This car is now my 90 something car, having owned everything from a Metro to a 53 Seat bus there is so much. I suppose the first mod I did was put 24 speakers in my first car (950 Mk2 Fiesta), looking back on it now I don't know how it didn't burn! Things only took off when I got my first Fiesta RS, went to see the local garage about 'chipping' it and I have never looked back since. I have modded many cars from the Fiesta up to a couple of Celica GT4s (St165 Pants!). I once owned a Silvia S12 for a week (1988!), my first RWD turbo'd car, scared myself to death one wet day so promptly sold it and bought something safer (Rover SD1 with a janspeed turbo conversion).

Didn?t you get a magazine feature before for one of your cars?

Answer. Yeh I think it was my 3rd Fiesta RS(1995) that I had modded with Chip, Injectors, Exhaust and Cossy brakes (About 200bhp), I was working for a local Car Hi-Fi co at the time and we struck a deal with Alpine to use my car as a demo, Alpine supplied the kit and we fitted it, looked awesome with the real time analyser in the passenger footwell, 8" Subs in the doors and 4 10"s in the boot. We did the feature with Fast Ford at Knockhill at 7am on a Friday morning before a big show ? I was lucky not to get frostbite, still got copies of the mag (my 15 mins of fame!)

You da man!! It's some list but we can handle it, tell us your mods!!

JWT S3 Cams, UR Lightnend Pulley set 4 Pce (well 3 actually!), Magnecor KV85 leads, BMC CDA80 c/w Cold Air Induction, Fidanza Lightened flywheel, AP racing clutch, SSAutochrome header (rust inc. FOC), Ade Watson De-Cat Pipe, Remus Backbox, EBC Grooved Discs + Standard Pads (Soon to be upgraded), Standard GTLE 16 Enkei Alloys Powder Coated white, Goodyear Eagle F1, Tein Super Street Coilovers (From an Infiniti G20), Smithy intake pipe, B&M Quickshift, Corbeau Carerra Front seats (cheers Kev!), Defi VSD Concept HUD c/w Defi Link Control unit II, Splitfire AFR meter, Battery relocated to the boot and replaced with an Exide Maxxima 900, Air con removed.

Hi-Fi - Kenwood CD/MP3 Player, Alpine SPX-177R Front Speakers, Alpine MRP-M350 Sub Woofer Amp, Alpine MRP-F240 Bridged for front speaker use only. Cerwin Vega 12" Stealth Subwoofer.

That's an extensive list David, what excites you most, styling, performance or ICE?

Well I'm not really into styling, so it's kinda half and half ICE and performance. I'm an audiophile and not into heavy bass (most of the time) so I spend a lot of time trying different ICE things in the car to get the sound I am looking for. I know where I am going performance wise, I just need to get the sound I am looking for.

Out of everything, what is your favourite modification to the car?

Ooooh, toughie! It is either the HUD (just because it looks so trick!) or the suspension as we knew it had to be modified at the back to fit, we just didn't know how!

Any future plans that you might want to let slip on?

Yeh, new brakes on their way, probably be here by the time this goes out. New front seats next year (Recaros), a couple of 12"s in the boot and a boot build. The rest is still in the planning stage! Oh almost forgot the carputer, due to be installed this month (Thanks Mark!)

We congratulate you for your achievements so far on your GTLE, it is a stunning car and we wish you success in your continued efforts. Now you may give shouts and thanks to anyone that has helped you on your way!!

I think the biggest shout has to go to the whole of the NPOC, if it wasn't for you guys I would be no where, from the moment I have joined NPOC I have had nothing but help and a warm welcome, met some great people and made some good friends (Hopefully!).

A big thanks has to go to Duncan/Alex at Hypertech in Bonnybridge, allowing me to use one of their ramps to do my work and the encouragement they have given me to do all my mods myself (with their technical backup)

Car of the Month June 2005 - David (Shunky) P11 GTLE

Written by Stevie-Boy

Print Page | Close Window